Here are our six steps to help you master the AWA section.
1) Review sample AWA templates. They will guide you in how to best format your essays. If you are prepping with Economist
GMAT Tutor, these templates will appear in your dashboard when you are about 60% completed with the course. If you’ve already passed this point in your studies, you can find the templates for the essays in your summary library.
2) Once you are familiar with the general format that your essays should follow, take a look at lists of topics of past AWA essays. You can find many at mba.com: Analysis of an argument topics
3) During each 30 minute AWA session, you should spend the first five minutes outlining your argument and the last 25 writing the essay. Select a few topics from each type of AWA essay and spend 5 minutes for each outlining your argument or analysis. If it’s an argument essay topic, what evidence would you offer to make your case? State a few examples to support your thesis.
4) When you feel you’ve created a few solid outlines, write a couple essays. Make sure to spend no more than 25 minutes on each essay. If you’re an Economist
GMAT Tutor student, upload each completed essay through the Economist
GMAT Tutor dashboard.
GMAT Tutor students will get feedback from one of our academic tutors within three days. Don’t submit more essays during the time that you’re waiting for your essay feedback; wait until you receive the critiques of your essays so you can incorporate the tutors’ advice in your next round.
6) Repeat steps two through five.
For free GMAT practice questions, follow us @econgmat_qs
Economist GMAT Tutor