Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 21:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

b

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2007, 04:45
bb

Last edited by bhalla.sumant on 28 Jan 2007, 03:49, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 163 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Evalution please [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2007, 20:10
bhalla.sumant wrote:
Hi Guys!

Well, to start with I have a Sales work ex of 4 years BUT 2 yrs work is Pre Graduation but I have worked full time with the intention of learning about the way business works, since I am from a Service class family. I worked as Junior Associate for 8 months and then was promoted as Senior Associate in the same division. I worked as Senior Associate for an year and left for my further studies, which I continued in Information Technology. I completed my B.Sc. in Information Technology with A Grade and 70.8% marks. After completing my B.Sc. in 2003, I got admission in The Indian Institute of Planning and Management, New Delhi, India and finished it with majors in Finance and Marketing in 2005.

I have been working since January 2005 till date and I have changed my jobs too. I was placed thru campus placement in the very first interview I sat in. I was placed as Associate Relationship Manager with India's leading Stock market based company Indiabulls Securities Limited and I worked till October 2005. The major reason for me to leave the comapny was that I did not like the business model. Incentives and minimum targets were based on the amount of Trading carried out. I left the company and I got offer from India's largest private organization, Reliance in their Reliance Life Insurance Company as Sales Manager. I like the profile as it had to recruit, manage the free lancers and then derive the sales from them, but sooner I relaized that this is not in accordance to my career goal and I got a very good opportunity with Isha Agencies in Delhi. I joined there as Marketing Manager and still working with same company. Its an Import house and trade in Semiconductors and wires etc. I am currently working on the predicting the imports for the company and it involves market research and team handling.

I have scored 620 in GMAT with 47 in Quant and 28 in verbal and 5.0 in AWA. I have also cleared TOEFL and I Scored 263/300 in CBT. I have worked as Assistant Sales Manager(Part-time) while I was doing my MBA and have undergone Summer Training for 3 months, which also was a huge success. I have worked on 4 major projects in my MBA that includes

· Studied the creativity in advertising for Lowe Lintas for building brand equity for Toshiba’s Digital Multi-functional System and Dabur’s Hajmola Anardana.
· Conducted a Market Research of L’Oreal brand and compared it to other brands in similar product category. The report was accepted as the best in the class.
· Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Project on Eicher Tractors Ltd. studying the various sub-parts of HRD and its contribution to the organizational success.
· Studied the relationship between the Trade Union and the Management in Maruti Udyog Limited, Gurgaon for a project in Industrial Relations.

Now please help me with which all colleges should I look for and how to go about it. If anything else needs to be clarified please let me know.

Thanks!

Bhalla,

The big challenges for you is making your experiences and goals seem coherent to the admissions officers. Three jobs in two years is a negative that needs explaining, even if you did have good reasons. Already having an MBA is a negative that also needs explaining, since it's not clear why you need another one so soon. Since you are still young I would recommend that you get more work experience, especially in leadership roles, and that you increase your GMAT. With a 620, you will be competitive at schools like Baylor, Rice, Case Western Reserve, etc.

Good luck,

Paul Bodine /
Author, Great Applications for Business School and Perfect Phrases for Business School Acceptance

Follow Paul Bodine on Twitter