Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 07:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

B.SC. from India

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

B.SC. from India [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 03:02
Hi,

I have Bachrlor of science degree from Mumbai , India. university of texas at arlington evaluated my international degree and they mention in the email

"University Of Mumbai
Eligibility for graduate admission requires the award of a 3 year bachelor's degree AND the award of a master's degree OR 1 year AICTE/University accredited Post Grad diploma. Your degree does not meet this requirement. Therefore, you are not eligible for admission to a graduate program at UTA and processing on your application has been discontinued.

Thank you for applying to UT Arlington. We look forward to receiving the required items so that we may complete processing on your file. "

I'm bit confused regarding "3 year bachelor's degree" Is B.SC m india is equivalent to 3 year degree as per USA standard or more ? Education is 10 +2+3 = b.sc. in india
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 524 [0], given: 0

Re: B.SC. from India [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 13:05
They're basically saying they don't recognize your 3 year degree as equivalent to a US 4 year bachelor's degree (the standard is 4 year degrees in the US).

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: B.SC. from India [#permalink] New post 03 Jun 2011, 15:56
Thank you. I was bit confused as friend of mine applied with same three years college transcript at UTD . He got accepted for master program. The only difference was He send 2 junior college + 3 year of college transcripts (where i only submitted only 3 years of college transcript B.SC) . I went to talk graduate advisor and explain the situtation , they are not educated enough to answer the query. Graduate advisor told me what's on my application status.

I'm confused what should i do ?
Re: B.SC. from India   [#permalink] 03 Jun 2011, 15:56