Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Aug 2014, 01:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

B-School Application Fees

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 4

B-School Application Fees [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2012, 19:55
Have looked at a lot of the different B-schools and the different application processes. Does any know of or has there been a posting already regarding the application fees of each of the top 40 or 50 B-schools? It varies drastically across different schools and I have seen that some schools waive the application fees for various reasons. If there is a comprehensive guide to the application fees somewhere here, that would be much appreciated.
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2014
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 157 [1] , given: 4

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: B-School Application Fees [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2012, 20:04
This post received
KUDOS
I believe this list does not exist. Although having a comprehensive list of all the schools and their respective application fees could be helpful, I would advise against deciding to apply to particular schools just because their fees are more affordable. The MBA experience is too significant of a financial/personal/professional investment for a measly $0-$300 application fee to dictate where you end up applying.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Application Profile: http://gmatclub.com/forum/2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595-20.html#p1009999

Application Story - The Third Quadrant Applicant: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-third-quadrant-applicant-125929.html#p1027642

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 101 [0], given: 48

GMAT Tests User
Re: B-School Application Fees [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2012, 08:35
threestripes wrote:
I believe this list does not exist. Although having a comprehensive list of all the schools and their respective application fees could be helpful, I would advise against deciding to apply to particular schools just because their fees are more affordable. The MBA experience is too significant of a financial/personal/professional investment for a measly $0-$300 application fee to dictate where you end up applying.

Posted from my mobile device Image

If an application fee is an issue then you need to seriously consider whether you can finance the study even with the full scholarship. The nexs step in the process will be paying the deposit fee ranging USD 2-8 k and a mirriad of small but related expenses (background check, DHLing of documents etc)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Sloan '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: B-School Application Fees [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2012, 08:47
compared to total cost of MBA plus opportunity cost the application fees add up to less than 1% of your costs. You might be missing out in possible scholarship opportunities from schools that you would have applied to that would have covered the cost of the application and more.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status: schools I listed were for the evening programs, not FT
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 3: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE: Research (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 50

GMAT Tests User
Re: B-School Application Fees [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2012, 17:22
Some schools will give you an application fee waiver or discount if you go to an information session. Even top 10 schools may do this well.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
GPA: 3.91
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 10

Re: B-School Application Fees [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2012, 10:47
Most schools are between $200-300...in my experience the vast majority are $250. I'm sure tcepicnightwithgmat wasn't saying that his/her application strategy would be based on which schools have less expensive app fees; in fact I do think it's prudent to start thinking about the app fees ahead of time so that you can budget accordingly. Yes $250 is nothing in the grand scheme of the cost of a full-time MBA, but it is enough of a cost that most people will not haphazardly apply to a school and throw that $$ out the window unless they would really like to attend if admitted.
Re: B-School Application Fees   [#permalink] 19 Apr 2012, 10:47