Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 22:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

B School Apps

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

B School Apps [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2007, 11:58
Hi Guys,

I am a new joinee to the forum. I just wrote my GMAT and got 730 (Q50, V40, AWA 6.0). I have to start my applications for the B schools. I am flummoxed at the amount of information that is flowing on various websites and in a state of depair where to satrt from.
I am an IT professional, have 5 years of experience (2 years in India and 3 years in US), currently in US in a lead role but not managerial position.
The problem is that I also fall in the most competitive group of Indian IT professionals with a decent GMAT score. Can somebody advise regarding the starting points for my applications. I have sorted the list of my colleges. I am also targetting ISB and IIMs apart from the reputed colleges in US.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Vijay.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2007, 12:55
Vijay,

You may want to go to "Ask Hjort" or "Ask Accepted.com" sections for guidance like that.

ps. I think you need to read a lot from places like this forum, MBA schools websites, MBA admission books etc because the advice that you're asking for right now is quite vague. I know that all the information on the web seems overwhelming at first. But, now that I've gone through reading some of it, I believe that absorbing all this information is actually the starting point of the application process.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 336 [0], given: 14

[#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2007, 14:06
hi vijay! First of all congrats on your great score!

But my buddy mNeo is right, you should pick up Richard Montauk's "How to get into a Top MBA Program" book and read it right now. It'll give you a basic guideline on how to start. I feel a bit overwhelmed too, thus all my random postings with questions on this forum lately. ;) But let the books guide you, read through a lot of the posts on this forum, and you'll slowly get a better picture of how you want to approach this.

Right now I just have 5-7 Word documents open on my computer at all times, with "Why MBA?" "Why Now" "Why Haas" "What are my goals", and throwing in lines of brainstorming info every time I think of something.

Talking to students and alums have helped tremendously. After every chat, I get a better idea of how to present my essays and why I have the goals I have. And this is BEFORE I even talk with students and alums in the field I want to go to (entrepreneurship and int'l biz). I can't wait to talk to those people! :)
  [#permalink] 10 Aug 2007, 14:06