Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 10:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

B-school selection advice

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 1

B-school selection advice [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2010, 15:58
My profile:

Indian Male / 27 years old

Education:
B.Tech In Computer Science & Engineering from JNTU Hyderabad,India (Not as good as IITs but one of the top universities in the state of A.P. I ranked 71 among 140000 entrance exam takers to get into the college)

Undergraduate GPA: 77%

GMAT: 760 (Q50 V41) +4.5 AWA

Work Experience:Working in an Indian IT Consulting organization for the past 7 years .

0-2 years - Worked for a US credit card/banking client in India.
2-7 years - Have been working with a financial services client in USA.

I am currently working as a project architect for one of the technology assets within the client organization.My responsibilities include creating and maintaining long term strategy/roadmap for our assets, Analysing Industry trends in the technology used by our group, evaluating new solutions and providing recommendations to clients.

Prior to my current role i have worked as tech lead and responsible for building new technology infrastructure in our group when our client separated from another company.

All 7 yrs of my experience have been in the technology arena and i don't have any managerial experience.

Extra Curriculars : Long Distance Runner. Ran 2 full marathons in the last 2 years and a 193 mile relay race recently. I also volunteered in few local running races.

Reason for MBA: Working for a financial services client got me interested in finance and post MBA i am interested in switching career to finance.

I am considering the below list of schools to apply in Round 2 for fall 2011 admissions.How good are my prospects for admission into these schools?

Wharton
London School of Business
Duke
Kellogg
Ross

Are there any other schools in US/Europe that might be a fit for me and worth exploring?

Thanks
Harsha

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 71

Kudos [?]: 524 [0], given: 0

Re: B-school selection advice [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2010, 14:29
Focus on NYU, Cornell, Yale in the US; Oxford and Cambridge in the UK. And LBS as your stretch school. These schools will position you well for a finance career post-MBA, and are schools where you have a more reasonable shot of getting into.

Alex Chu
alex@mbaapply.com
http://www.mbaapply.com
Follow me on Facebook

Re: B-school selection advice   [#permalink] 03 Dec 2010, 14:29