Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 03:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

B-school suggestion for gmat -690.. less work experience

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

B-school suggestion for gmat -690.. less work experience [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2013, 22:19
Hi. :-D

I would really appreciate some advice on what B-schools I can look at, to get an MBA. I want to take up Marketing mainly and maybe even some coursework in Finance.
I am interested in schools in California or Texas.

Profile:
GMAT - gave two days back and scored 690. Waiting for AWA score.
Education - MS (Electrical and Computer Engineering) - University of Illinois at Chicago - Graduated in 2012 May with 3.19 GPA
Undergrad in India - Electronics & Communications Engineering - Grad: 2010 May - 65% aggregate.
Experience - 8 months part time job during MS - teaching Math to high school students.
Total of 7 to 8 months internships after my MS - in the field of Electrical Engineering.

I am in India now, for the last two months - working for a good hospital here on Hospital Branding and Marketing. I will work here till July 2014 for sure.
Apart from this, I have some event volunteering and welfare organization volunteering experience.

I understand that my Work Exp is poor and I will not get into excellent schools. :( But due to personal reasons and because i want to make a career transition, I have decided to do my MBA soon.

I want an MBA that gives me lot of exposure in the field and helps me get a job in the same. :)

So, I am looking for some insights on my mba school search.
I have been looking California State univ - Fullerton and would like your opinions on the program.

Thanks 8-) 8-) :-D :-D :-D :) :)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
B-school suggestion for gmat -690.. less work experience   [#permalink] 30 Nov 2013, 22:19