Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 11:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

B schools in US I can apply- Indian 24 GMAT-740, CWE-2yrs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '15 (I)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

B schools in US I can apply- Indian 24 GMAT-740, CWE-2yrs [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 02:30
Hi,
Here's my profile :

Indian,male,24yrs old working with an IT company for 2 years now, will be three when I join the school.

Acads - Btech(Electronics) from BITS Pilani(Goa) CGPA- 8.15/10

X-94.6%,XII-82%

GMAT- 740, Q- 50, V- 40, AWA-4/6

Extra curricular - Average participation in national college technical fests.Co-Managed Computer Sports tourney in College fest.Members of Wall Street ad Career Development clubs in college.

Which all colleges should I be looking to apply?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 82 [1] , given: 6

Re: B schools in US I can apply- Indian 24 GMAT-740, CWE-2yrs [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 03:23
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,

You have decent academics with good GMAT score, but your work experience is quite low compared to average work experience of top US b-schools, so no need to worry if you focus more on your application essays/recommendations and showcase your overall achievements at work place, leadership abilities, awards and recognition, team handling skills in your application essays then you have fair chance @ top US b-schools. You should target top 20 US schools again considering your post MBA career goals (which you didn't mention in your question) Based on career goals it will be easy to evaluate the b-schools which will serve your purpose of doing MBA. You should plan for your applications soon if you are planning to apply this year so that you can give more time for crucial parts of applications. Let me know if you have any questions

Regards,
Neha Singh

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: B schools in US I can apply- Indian 24 GMAT-740, CWE-2yrs [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 07:16
Hi,

Awesome GMAT, & good acads/CGPA!! :)
You may apply in Kellogg, Duke, Tuck, Berkely-Haas, Darden, UCLA-Anderson, McCombs & CMU-Tepper. Try your chances in b-school(s) by clicking http://www.apphelp.co.in/b-school-selector.php

Let me know in case of further queries. You may PM your details for profile evaluation & school selection.

Regards

theo09 wrote:
Hi,
Here's my profile :

Indian,male,24yrs old working with an IT company for 2 years now, will be three when I join the school.

Acads - Btech(Electronics) from BITS Pilani(Goa) CGPA- 8.15/10

X-94.6%,XII-82%

GMAT- 740, Q- 50, V- 40, AWA-4/6

Extra curricular - Average participation in national college technical fests.Co-Managed Computer Sports tourney in College fest.Members of Wall Street ad Career Development clubs in college.

Which all colleges should I be looking to apply?

GMAT-720
Undergrad- Top 5 college in India
MBA- Top 15 FT ranking b-school

Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '15 (I)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: B schools in US I can apply- Indian 24 GMAT-740, CWE-2yrs [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 08:18
Thanks for the quick reply :)

I am thinking of targeting only top 20 colleges only. I have an aim to be working in Investing Banking side after my MBA (will be trying to do that in finance only). Could you guide me how to start my apping? Which colleges to choose? Whether to take outside help or not? I can't seem to find a starting point.

nehasingh1020 wrote:
Hi,

You have decent academics with good GMAT score, but your work experience is quite low compared to average work experience of top US b-schools, so no need to worry if you focus more on your application essays/recommendations and showcase your overall achievements at work place, leadership abilities, awards and recognition, team handling skills in your application essays then you have fair chance @ top US b-schools. You should target top 20 US schools again considering your post MBA career goals (which you didn't mention in your question) Based on career goals it will be easy to evaluate the b-schools which will serve your purpose of doing MBA. You should plan for your applications soon if you are planning to apply this year so that you can give more time for crucial parts of applications. Let me know if you have any questions

Regards,
Neha Singh
Director
Director
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 6

Re: B schools in US I can apply- Indian 24 GMAT-740, CWE-2yrs [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2013, 00:59
Happy to assist you!!

You should target Chicago Booth, NYU Stern, Columbia, Wharton in US and London Business school in UK which are highly recognized for Finance domain. These B-schools are highly ambitious so you can target some realistic and safe schools like Rice University-Jones, Tulane University- Freeman, Rochester-Simon in US and Rotman in Canada, these schools come under top 10 globally for Finance domain. You should start planning for your applications soon as most of the round 1 deadlines for the above schools are in September - October. It requires minimum 2 months of exhaustive preparation for your essays/recommendations to get good shape.

I would highly recommend you to take help from professional consultant who guided applicants successfully to the top global b-schools. You can PM your contact details for further discussion regarding assistance for your applications.

Regards,
Neha Singh

theo09 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply :)

I am thinking of targeting only top 20 colleges only. I have an aim to be working in Investing Banking side after my MBA (will be trying to do that in finance only). Could you guide me how to start my apping? Which colleges to choose? Whether to take outside help or not? I can't seem to find a starting point.

nehasingh1020 wrote:
Hi,

Regards,
Neha Singh

Best Wishes,
Neha Singh
GMAT Instructor & MBA Application Consultant
General Education- Empowering Intellect

Try GMAT Mini Diagnostic tool

Re: B schools in US I can apply- Indian 24 GMAT-740, CWE-2yrs   [#permalink] 18 Jun 2013, 00:59