Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 14:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

B-Schools offering assistantship to help the MBAs

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
WE 1: 5.5+ years IT Prof.
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 24

GMAT Tests User
B-Schools offering assistantship to help the MBAs [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2011, 11:49
Hello All

MBA is a big investment financially, and scholarships/assistantships are really important to get some financial help.
Is there a source that can give a collective information on the B-Schools that offer Assistantship to the MBA students during the program?

I feel this information will be really useful.
Thanks in advance
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 74

Kudos [?]: 689 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: B-Schools offering assistantship to help the MBAs [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2011, 12:55
All schools offer scholarships. What varies is what percentage of students get some money and what the average support is. Unfortunately that is very hard to come by.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: B-Schools offering assistantship to help the MBAs [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2011, 13:04
riverripper wrote:
All schools offer scholarships. What varies is what percentage of students get some money and what the average support is. Unfortunately that is very hard to come by.

I appreciate your response, thanks.
how about the assistantship during the program?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: B-Schools offering assistantship to help the MBAs [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2011, 07:19
You chose a very strange and almost offensive handle and are you aware of the literary reference? Some readers from certain demographics may find the title Mein Kampf a bit offensive given the notorious author and controversial content. The title may even offend some adcoms. I guess you didn't major in history or do you support the work?
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: B-Schools offering assistantship to help the MBAs [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2011, 08:28
Jock4MBA wrote:
You chose a very strange and almost offensive handle and are you aware of the literary reference? Some readers from certain demographics may find the title Mein Kampf a bit offensive given the notorious author and controversial content. The title may even offend some adcoms. I guess you didn't major in history or do you support the work?

I appreciate your insight on the screen name, but if you see "my status" you will know what I meant.
Neither I'm a supporter nor I'm an anti. I'm neither from Euro zone nor from Western. I'm an Indian(Asian). Moreover, I've not even read the book and it didn't bother me to whom it belonged just for the sole purpose that I liked the meaning of the words "Mein Kampf" or "my struggle" in English that I could easily associate with my GMAT struggle.

I don't see a reason for anyone to just get offended by a screen name. Unfortunately, the people in the world are carrying the burden of unwanted hatred. To be really frank, I don't even know the history and I don't even bother to know it, because it is just a screen name.

I'm sure you would have heard about Pakistan, and if every Indian and Pakistani start having such a pitiful notion it would be the end of world for both the countries. Yet, the people understand and they try to have camaraderie.

I never knew in the so called free world, nothing is free except the negative emotions like hatred/offense.
I'm no more interested in having this screen name, I request the moderators of the forum to help me change the screen name, because as of now the software doesn't allow it.
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 237 [1] , given: 17

Re: B-Schools offering assistantship to help the MBAs [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2011, 08:48
This post received
KUDOS
I think this conversation has gone far enough off topic, so I'm locking this thread.

You can request a new screen name here: suggestions-announcements-support-5/
Re: B-Schools offering assistantship to help the MBAs   [#permalink] 13 Jun 2011, 08:48