Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 14:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

B-Schools Retaining Legal Counsel for International Students

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

B-Schools Retaining Legal Counsel for International Students [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 13:15
I'm compiling a list of MBA programs that have retained legal counsel (immigration attorneys) to assist their international students and their potential employers in navigating the complex U.S. work visa system.

Securing a work permit beyond the MBA internship & 1-year Optional Practical Training after graduation can be a significant challenge to foreigners. This is because many companies perceive the visa application process to be expensive, complicated, and time consuming. Indeed, many choose to avoid the process altogether, adopting a policy of "we are unable to sponsor international candidates..." - I'm sure many a foreign student has run into that (I have).

I don't work for any lobbying organization or special-interest group. I'm just a law abiding, tax-paying foreigner ;-) hoping to spend more than 1 year working America. As I continue to research programs I hope to be able to add more schools to the list. I also hope this is not an inappropriate topic [mods please delete it if it is]. I know the subject of immigration and foreign labor is often the subject of a heated debate. I don't want to cause any trouble, just provide some resources and helpful tips to my fellow international applicants... cheers~
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 13:17
University of Pittsburg, Joseph M Katz School of Business

Katzport Program

http://www.business.pitt.edu/katz/career%2Dservices/katzport.html

"The KATZPORT partnership allows professionals in the University of Pittsburgh’s Office of International Services (OIS) and immigration attorneys to work hand-in-hand with employers to secure the appropriate visas and employment authorizations from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that enable Katz international graduates to work in the United States."

"The immigration attorneys engaged and retained by the Katz School, will provide prompt, professional service to Katz graduates seeking H-1B petitions. The attorneys will represent both the employer and employee in this process and, more specifically, will..."

Press Release:

http://www.business.pitt.edu/publications/news/021104.html

Last edited by loom on 11 Sep 2007, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 13:18
University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business

Career Management - International Students

http://www.rhsmith.umd.edu/career/ft/intl.html

"Finding a U.S. Job Just Got Easier. The Smith Office of Career Management has retained McCandlish Holton, PC, a leading immigration law firm, to address the obstacles preventing employers from hiring the best and brightest students. This approach is one of the first of its kind for a business school and provides employers and Smith students with the following complimentary benefits:"

* Consultation with employers regarding all aspects of the sponsorship process
* Case-by-case visa assessments
* Pre-negotiated legal fees for H1-B visa processing
* Advice and materials on immigration issues

Last edited by loom on 11 Sep 2007, 23:13, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2007, 13:19
Ohio State University, Fisher School of Business

H1B Company Friendly List

http://fisher.osu.edu/services/career-services/international-students/h1-b-lists

The university provides a list of 314 companies in Ohio that have sponsored H1Bs for international candidates. May be useful for students targeting specific companies.
  [#permalink] 10 Sep 2007, 13:19