Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 05:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 109 [0], given: 46

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2013, 16:18
InvestingInMyself wrote:
My interview went strictly by that script (4 pages - 3 questions on each page with room to take notes underneath) and in some answers the interviewer said "Oh, I guess you answered this one, so let's move to the next one." The interview lasted 45 minutes counting the 2 questions I had in the end.

I don't think I understood what you mean here. Do they give you hard copy of the questions?

Taking Babson interview on 20th. Any help would be appreciated.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Babson '15 (M)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [2] , given: 6

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2013, 19:02
This post received
KUDOS
piyatiwari wrote:
InvestingInMyself wrote:
My interview went strictly by that script (4 pages - 3 questions on each page with room to take notes underneath) and in some answers the interviewer said "Oh, I guess you answered this one, so let's move to the next one." The interview lasted 45 minutes counting the 2 questions I had in the end.

I don't think I understood what you mean here. Do they give you hard copy of the questions?

Taking Babson interview on 20th. Any help would be appreciated.

Not really sure where you need clarification on your post but I will try to elaborate more and hope it helps.
No, they do not give you a copy of the interview questions. The interview is taken by current MBA students and they have a series of questions that they need to ask you as part of the interview process. Your response will be written down. From my experience (interviewed in R1), the interview was rather conversational. Before even getting to the interview questions, the interviewer and I were already talking about our work experiences and why Babson. So throughout the conversation, my interviewer would also have the same response, "o, I guess you answered this one. Lets move on to the next one then".

As for the two questions that InvestingInMyself was referring to, I believe he just meant in addition to my preceding post.

Some tips that I can suggest based on my interview experience. Now that I am looking back as to where I could have probably improved.

1-As mentioned on my previous post, my interviewer seem very determined to finish within the one hour time slot (including Q&A). Time your responses to general questions such as tell me about yourself and run me through your resume so that you do not spend too much time looking like a script (like I probably did.) Since they are writing your response down, do not bombard them with too much as I doubt they can write down everything you say, only key points.

2-Don't talk too fast. I say this because a few times the interviewer will ask me a question and as I am prepared to answer, she is writing down my response from the previous question. I would usually wait for her to finish and then continue. This also gave me time to process the question and think of a more appropriate response. She also appreciated the consideration.

3- I would say the most important thing to keep in mind is to not look at it as an interview. It may sound like a typical response but I believe it is important to consider. The interviewer is another person who has gone through the same interview experience as you a year ago. Try to have him/her relate to you and your situation, let them speak for you when they write their responses to the admissions. I was fortunate enough to have lunch with a current student and he introduced me to an interviewer who also happened to be on lunch break. My takeaway from our conversation was "the interview is to get to know you better. To put a personality to the application. To see if you will fit into the class culture and most importantly, will your classmates want to hang out with you."

I hope this helps. Sorry if my response was a bit lengthy. Best of luck.

Best,
-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2013, 19:20
Wow dc515! thank you very much for your detailed reply. It certainly is helpful. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2013, 07:23
Had my Babson interview yesterday. I did it in person. The interviewer was 2nd year Full time MBA student. Overall, the interview experience was very warm and conversational. As many have said here before, the interviewer had list of questions and was writing down my answers.

Apart from questions mentioned by dc515, I was asked "what do I expect from my team members during MBA studies"
Most of the schools ask "what will you bring to the MBA class" so in my opinion the question Babson interviewer asked was unique.

He also asked "what entrepreneurship means to me".

Now waiting for the result!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V35
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2013, 09:12
Hi guys, I just got admitted to Babson for the 2year program.

Wish everyone else the best for their interview and application too..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 13:21
I'm in! for 2013 Full time MBA!
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 17:44
A congratulations is certainly in order! Planning to join?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 18:01
90% yes! I have other admit from Thunderbird, AZ and waiting for some other schools. But Babson is certainly my fav choice.

I really appreciate all your help with interview prep! :)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 12

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2013, 22:35
Admitted to Babson. I may receive the financial info tomorrow. Any Indian applicants who want to get connected?
Manager
Manager

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2013, 06:03
Hey guys,

Congratulations to all the accepted candidates. I want to know if there is any Facebook group for Babson College MBA Class of 2015? I will create the Facebook group if there is none existing. Let me know if there is any...

Regards,
---
Viplav
Manager
Manager

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2013, 06:13
Are there any current entrepreneurs who are joining Babson this season? I hope the journey to entrepreneurship through Babson will be really exciting for all the aspiring entrepreneurs.

Your comments on this topic will be wonderful to align our mindsets and create early excitement for our days at Babson...

How many of you have a real entrepreneur in you? :wink:

Regards,
---
Viplav
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 19:11
Congratulations guys, :o :-D

I have applied recently and I am waiting for the decisions/interview call. Can you please tell me the turn around time on your application by Babson. 8-)
Current Student

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2013, 19:30
jai84 wrote:

I have applied recently and I am waiting for the decisions/interview call. Can you please tell me the turn around time on your application by Babson. 8-)

I am assuming you applied with rolling admissions?

I applied in round one and got the interview invite about a week after the application deadline. Not sure exactly how rolling admissions work. Doesn't hurt to give admissions a call to get a better understanding of the timeline. They are very friendly and try to help as much as they can.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2013, 18:49
dc515 wrote:
jai84 wrote:

I applied in round one and got the interview invite about a week after the application deadline. Not sure exactly how rolling admissions work. Doesn't hurt to give admissions a call to get a better understanding of the timeline. They are very friendly and try to help as much as they can.

Best of luck!

Hey I received an interview call and will be having it via skype on 27th. I will sincerely appreciate any tips or advice regarding the interview.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 43 [1] , given: 12

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2013, 22:31
This post received
KUDOS
1. Introduce yourself
2. Tel us 3 key learnings from your work experience.
3. Why MBA?
4. Why do you want to do MBA at this stage in your life/ career?
5. One reason that we should not select you?
6. What are your short- and long-term career goals? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
7. Tell us about a challenging situation that you faced? How did you resolve it?
8. What are your greatest strengths? Give examples
9. What are your weaknesses? Give examples
10. What would you describe are your greatest achievement to date?
11. Interests and Hobbies – Be prepared!.. questions as basic as “Why do youdo poetry (or any other activity” may be asked.
12. What extra-curricular activities or Student Clubs at Babson you would like to be a part of?
13. Do you have any questions for us?

What I have noticed during the interview is that you will be asked about your strengths and weaknesses in different ways such as:
a. What do you bring to the class of 2013 and how would you contribute to make it a better place?
b. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
c. What qualities of you can make Babson a better place?
d. Have you faced any difficult situation in your profession and how did you overcome that?
e. Babson is known for entrepreneurship? What qualities you think can make you a better entrepreneur?

All the above questions were asked by the interviewer during my interview. I thought it was one of the most grilling interviews I have ever faced because the interviewer was testing me back and forth on my strengths and weaknesses. Even my ISB and Duke interviews were easier than this.

jai84 wrote:
dc515 wrote:
jai84 wrote:

Best of luck!

Hey I received an interview call and will be having it via skype on 27th. I will sincerely appreciate any tips or advice regarding the interview.
Intern
Intern

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2013, 23:29
Thanks a ton !! Kudos 8-)

This will certainly help me prep up. :-D
Manager
Manager

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2013, 23:44
jai84 wrote:
Thanks a ton !! Kudos 8-)

This will certainly help me prep up. :-D

Just be yourself. Do a basic tour of the Babson MBA website and you will be ready to answer any question. The interviewers are generally friendly and they will talk casually to comfort you.

All the best
Current Student

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2013, 01:28
jai84 wrote:
dc515 wrote:
jai84 wrote:

Best of luck!

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 09:24
Guys my interview went smoothly, the interviewer was friendly and the questions were more or less on similar lines as other business schools questions.

Thanks a ton for your support. :-D

One question for those who gave the interview and got the admit.

How quickly did you hear about the decision from them after your interview ??
Manager
Manager

Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2013, 20:18
Generally, Babson gives the admission offers only by 15th of every month irrespective of interview dates if you have submitted all the required documents such as Official Transcripts, Official TOEFL/IELTS and GMAT Scores.

jai84 wrote:
Guys my interview went smoothly, the interviewer was friendly and the questions were more or less on similar lines as other business schools questions.

Thanks a ton for your support. :-D

One question for those who gave the interview and got the admit.

How quickly did you hear about the decision from them after your interview ??
Re: Babson College 2013 - Calling All MBA Applicants   [#permalink] 27 Mar 2013, 20:18