Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Oct 2014, 20:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Bachelor,Masters ..wanting to do an MBA.. HELP !!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 11

Bachelor,Masters ..wanting to do an MBA.. HELP !!! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 07:11
Hi All,

While I am showing some serious commitment to tackle GMAT,i came across some stuff on the net which got me worried. :cry: :cry:

I am 24 M from India giving my exam on April/May(depends on my prep level).The thing that is worrying me is I already have a masters in hand.I have a Bachelor degree in Communication engineering and a Masters in Communication engineering too.

I have a work exp of 2 years now,and seriously want to get into Business domain(IT Consulting,Operations or Marketing).The reason for this is the atmosphere I am in is slowing my growth and have a lot to offer and to learn process and strategy used in Business.

Is having a Masters degree an advantage or disadvantage?

Please let me know your thoughts.

:help2 Any personal experience/people you have come across in a similar situation? :help2

Regards,
Rajesh
Helping hands are anytime better than praying hearts

Kudos ???!@#$$ !!! I just love them ;)

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 16

Re: Bachelor,Masters ..wanting to do an MBA.. HELP !!! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2011, 07:18
You would need some serious strory line as to how can your past experience/education/choices lead to your future goals which in your case is still multifaceted - marketing, IT consulting and operations...once your GMAT is over...i'd suggest you retrospect and come up with a plausible story with which you can connect the choices you made in the past to your work experience to your MBA from XX school to your future goal...it should all fall into one single plate and look as if you had it all planned well from the beginning...you can also make use of the free consultations all these consultants offer...they can provide some valuable insights into your future aspirations..
All the best!

Time to play the game...

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 11

Re: Bachelor,Masters ..wanting to do an MBA.. HELP !!! [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2011, 16:33
Thank you iamgame for your reply.Yes I know i have my work cut out.... Hope that things go well for me .. :)

Regards,
Rajesh
Helping hands are anytime better than praying hearts

Kudos ???!@#$$ !!! I just love them ;)

Re: Bachelor,Masters ..wanting to do an MBA.. HELP !!!   [#permalink] 22 Dec 2011, 16:33