Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:41 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11665 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 4653 [0]
Given Kudos: 631
GMAT Focus 1:
715 Q83 V90 DI83
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169
Send PM
Re: Back to Solving Quant after an 8 year Hiatus - Strategy Check + Timing [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Nandan wrote:
I'd ideally like to move on to verbal once i hit Q47+ and when i manage to finish my tests on time.

1) As of now, i've planned to solve CATs from GMATClub and MGMAT (and will take the 2 GMAC CATs in my last month of preparation; which is another month away). Is that going to be okay based on my target (Q49+)?
It's normally better to work on both quant and verbal (you can focus on quant if you want). And you should seriously consider getting exam packs 1 and 2, so that you have more than just the two free GMATPrep practice tests.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Re: Back to Solving Quant after an 8 year Hiatus - Strategy Check + Timing [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Nandan,

With a planned Test Date in the first week of August, you have a little more than 2 months of study time remaining. Given your score goal, you're going to have to do a lot of quality work in a relatively short period of time, so you would likely find it beneficial to invest in a GMAT Course of some type (either Guided Self-Study or instructor-led). We still need a FULL CAT score as a basis for comparison, so I suggest that you study as you see fit for the rest of this week, then take a new FULL-LENGTH CAT (with the Essay and IR sections) this weekend. You'll likely have pacing issues, and you might have trouble finishing the sections on time, but we need to know what your current skills, strengths and weaknesses are in the context of the FULL GMAT. Once you have that score result, you should post back here and we can discuss your study plans going forward.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks Rich, i'll take a timed test this weekend and let you know.

Also, quick question on another note - i went through the empowerGMAT website and saw your video - it seemed quite identical to the one i saw on the Gmat Pill website and the script was the same (verbatim) on a few occasions. do both companies belong to the same parent entity or something?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Nandan,

To answer your question: NO, EMPOWERgmat.com is NOT the same company as that other company and we are not affiliated in any way. Although you did not state it, I believe the video that you’re referring to is in reference to the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNJcBUaTVdY

This EMPOWERgmat video was produced and released in 2013. The other video appeared sometime in 2014. The similarities are NOT a co-incidence – the major themes, visuals and speech were clearly stolen. How you interpret that theft and evaluate those people is up to you.

GMAT assassins aren’t born, they’re made,
Rich
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for clearing the air Rich. If that's so, it's unfortunate to see this kind of plagiarism at this level.
GMAT Club Bot