Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Checking this forum on a daily basis has made me into a stress-ball. Yes, I know it's my own fault, but really, at this point, I lack the self-control to NOT check this forum to see when schools are making decisions or not making decisions. Can you tell I'm ready for this to be over?
In any case, to calm my over-caffeinated self, I’ve compiled a list of possible career paths, should I not get into any business schools:
1) Continue to plug away at my current job, squirreling money away, but with full-time employee benefits. Will live stress-free, able to pursue leisure activities, and take vacations. Or continue at current job, apply to be a part-time MBA student at local (less prestigious) university. (the likeliest of all the options)
2) Apply and attend culinary school, and finally, finally, learn how to cut things quickly. And, how to filet a fish (without wanting to throw up). Will lead to eventual career in catering or appearance on Top Chef (where I will sprinkle my speech with catchphrases I’ve picked up from the Jersey Shore--I look forward to telling the other cheftestants to just "do you, bro").
3) Find my inner zen and become a yoga instructor. First, I’ll need to master the crow pose. Then, I’ll start ending all of my blog posts and emails with “Namaste.” Oh, and I guess I'll have to work on not rolling my eyes when I tell people to "connect with themselves and the earth."
4) Become a NPO consultant, specializing in grant-writing and special events planning.
5) Is it too late to try to become a professional dancer? I don’t have years of training, can be fairly clumsy, and have yet to master the Worm. Here’s hoping it doesn’t come down to this..
Re: Back Up Plans? [#permalink]
03 Mar 2011, 10:34
My current plan is to pack up and find a new job in a Southern state. (I can't do winter again if I'm not in BSchool.) Hopefully I'll find a job somewhere. That or I'll move to a yoga commune that accepts dogs. Taking a break from all the stress of Bschools and these forums
Re: Back Up Plans?
03 Mar 2011, 10:34