Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 10:26

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Bad GMAT score - Need help on what next

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 304 [0], given: 19

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Bad GMAT score - Need help on what next [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 21:46
Hi All,

I gave my GMAT yesterday. It went horribly wrong. I used to score between 650 - 680 on MGMAT and GMATPrep. All thanks to my last minute change in strategy to get the first few questions right no matter what. My Quant went horribly wrong.

Anyways, the reason I am writing this is, I need your suggestions/inputs on what next. I have no issues taking up the exam once more. But want to get expert opinions on how my high level profile what it means to apply next year. My worry is around age vs admission year.

Current occupation/Industry : Information Technology (My understanding is, this is one of largest application pools)
Other involvements : Own and maintain a mango farm; Own and maintain a Stocks related to group which is doing pretty well in terms of overall activities. Also into investments in stocks
Social Service: Been involved with a NGO for the past 2 years

My target was to get into at least any of the top 20 if not top 10 schools.

I have two options in front of me.
1. Prepare again and give GMAT in about a month and prepare for my application for R2 with the remaining time.
2. Take enough time and prepare for GMAT. Apply next year i.e in 2013 and get into the class starting 2014.

I am ok to go with option 2. But then that would mean, I will be 30 yrs old when I apply and will be 31 when I get into MBA. Personally, that is not a problem. What I am not sure of is, how my age will affect my admission.

Any thoughts or suggestions on the above is much appreciated.

Push +1 kudos button please, if you like my post.

Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Bad GMAT score - Need help on what next [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 22:00
I think there is no institution will discriminate candidates from their ages, races, or gender.