Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 18:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Bad impression with UC Davis MBA

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Bad impression with UC Davis MBA [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 09:40
My first post after visiting the school, I had a bad impression with UC Davis' MBA as it makes you feel unprofessional and people there are not very friendly. When you ask their admission, maybe the student I met is a special case, but he seemed don't care what you were asking and responded you without any feeling. Their restroom were all dirty, I mean all, as I tried to find a clean one, I checked from one on first floor to the third floor, all were not maintained. This kind of giving you a feel the quality of the student body who seems lack of caring and response to others, and the school management is not good in watching out the small but important details as to maintain a nice and clean environment. You know how you feel when using a dirty restroom at a place which makes you judge the overall impression of that place. The impression is no good at all, in addition, the student I talked to seemed can't explain why they favor this school and chose the school, no particular good reasons for them. Overall, not feel attracted to the school.
Intern
Intern

Re: Bad impression with UC Davis MBA [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2012, 15:07
Hi, there!

I am a current student in UC Davis Graduate School of Management and I'm sorry you had a bad impression of our school. March is when we have finals for winter quarter, which could have been stressful for the student showing you around. Personally, I chose to come to GSM for my MBA because the class size is amazing! I have 53 classmates in my class, and we're a really close-knit group. I'm also looking to start a career in clean-tech, and we get a lot of support here in our community and via the career development team.

Perhaps you caught us at an unfortunate time, however the only issue I've had with our restrooms are that the lights are sensor-activated and it takes about one second before they are 100%. However, the restroom in the student lounge is great - we even have an awesome shower in there!
Intern
Intern

Re: Bad impression with UC Davis MBA [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2012, 11:38
Hi All,

Could someone share UC Davis Part Time MBA experience with me?

such as faculty, ranking , career prospects after completing MBA.

Thanks,
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Bad impression with UC Davis MBA [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2013, 00:55
Jasonindia wrote:
My first post after visiting the school, I had a bad impression with UC Davis' MBA as it makes you feel unprofessional and people there are not very friendly. When you ask their admission, maybe the student I met is a special case, but he seemed don't care what you were asking and responded you without any feeling. Their restroom were all dirty, I mean all, as I tried to find a clean one, I checked from one on first floor to the third floor, all were not maintained. This kind of giving you a feel the quality of the student body who seems lack of caring and response to others, and the school management is not good in watching out the small but important details as to maintain a nice and clean environment. You know how you feel when using a dirty restroom at a place which makes you judge the overall impression of that place. The impression is no good at all, in addition, the student I talked to seemed can't explain why they favor this school and chose the school, no particular good reasons for them. Overall, not feel attracted to the school.

Re: Bad impression with UC Davis MBA

Things I wish I had known about the UC Davis MBA Graduate School of Management

As a former graduate student, I also had really bad impressions of the UC Davis Graduate School of Management (GSM). I don't recommend anyone to attend the UC Davis MBA. It was a huge mistake. After the first week my classmates and I all immediately regretted our choice in attending UC Davis. The administration and professors are extremely rude and unprofessional. Be aware that there were some very serious issues with the program and faculty going on. Even the facilities were disappointing. So many students were crammed to use the student lounge designed for a capacity of about 50 people. The study and computer room on the 2nd floor is so small like a janitor’s closet. The school seems desperate and struggling for business. You know there is something wrong if the school needs to advertise on ads and billboards at SF subway stations, billboards by the freeway, Sacramento Airport and at the back of buses.

There's nothing around except for cows, agriculture, farmlands, acres and acres of flatland, a middle of nowhere quaint, small town… Students could not WAIT to get out of Davis as soon as class ended. Clubs and events are almost empty or nearly empty. Recruiters even complained. People are very selective socially, very cliquish, insular community. I gave the school a chance and it was a huge mistake. Regrettably, it turned out to be a horrible experience. My classmate and I dropped out as a student after a few weeks. It just wasn’t worth it. With all these considerations, you may still want to pursue this program as an option, but I highly suggest you avoid this program at all costs.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Bad impression with UC Davis MBA [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2013, 12:47
Re: Bad impression with UC Davis MBA   [#permalink] 24 Nov 2013, 12:47