Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 14:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Barron's 13th edition is very hard, is there anyone agree ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Barron's 13th edition is very hard, is there anyone agree ? [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 15:46
2 weeks left I bought barrons 13th edition toefl ibt book, but it is very very hard, I have a hard time to understand in listening,
and another issue is that its essay writing method is different than I was learnt in kaplan's book.

in barron's, there is no essay organization like, intro, body,summary, and first, second, third...anyway reading and listening also different
I mean, I can hardly find the opposing ideas or support ideas in the lecture, it is not obivious, I mean, in the lecture , professor does not objects
or refuses directly. so essay examples are just one big paragraph. because there is no certain 3 opposite ideas which is contradict in reading part.

if it is so, no way to get 100, and just 2 weeks left : ((((((
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Followers: 241

Kudos [?]: 2052 [0], given: 677

Re: Barron's 13th edition is very hard, is there anyone agree ? [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 15:50
Expert's post
I have the book too. true is hard but in my opinion is one of the best books

In particular, the software that simulate the exam is really good and well done.

However take a look at my post as announcement with the best links to study for toefl ibt

regards

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension

TOEFL iBT
Best resources to tackle each section of the TOEFL iBT

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 82

CAT Tests
Re: Barron's 13th edition is very hard, is there anyone agree ? [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 00:12
carcass wrote:
I have the book too. true is hard but in my opinion is one of the best books

In particular, the software that simulate the exam is really good and well done.

However take a look at my post as announcement with the best links to study for toefl ibt

regards

hey carcas.. i havent buy barons book yet..should i buy it?? i also have exam after 2 weeks..

i just went through OG...and kaplan..but kaplan is also a hard book to understand..

carcas..u went through barrons? i think u got 117?

Bole So Nehal.. Sat Siri Akal.. Waheguru ji help me to get 700+ score !

Expert Post
Followers: 241

Kudos [?]: 2052 [0], given: 677

Re: Barron's 13th edition is very hard, is there anyone agree ? [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2013, 00:45
Expert's post
Re: Barron's 13th edition is very hard, is there anyone agree ?   [#permalink] 18 Jan 2013, 00:45