Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 07:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Base on the diagnostic test that I took in the 12ed OG, my

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 12

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Base on the diagnostic test that I took in the 12ed OG, my [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2010, 22:17
Base on the diagnostic test that I took in the 12ed OG, my weakness was the Critical Reasoning, so that was the section that I began my studying on GMAT. I have finished the Princeton Review Crack GMAT, and MGMAT CR (up to the Strengthen the Conclusion chapter). I'm taking good notes as I go through the study guides. I have done all the questions (Assumption, Draw a Conclusion, and Strengthen the Conclusion) in the 2ed Verbal Review (without timing). At this point, I want to focus on how to get the correct answer before I work on speed. So far, I can only get about 50% of questions correct. In fact, I would spend 20+ minutes on some of the questions and I would still get it wrong. The GMAT CR questions seem to be more difficult compare to MGMAT CR questions. So, I need some help...

Here is how I approach a CR question:

1) Read the question first to determine how I approach the problem.
2) Read the argument.
3) Re-read the argument, but this time I would also do the "T-diagram" from MGMAT CR.
4) Read the answer choices and start eliminating wrong choice.

Usually, I can narrow it down to two choices, and that would probably expain my 50% accuracy. Nevertheless, I plan to finish the MGMAT CR.

1) Should I get the Powerscore CR to get a better understanding of GMAT CR? (How is PowerScore compare to MGMAT CR?) or should I start doing more problems in the 12ed OG?
2) Do I have a correct approach for doing CR problems?

Thanks in advance! :P

Last edited by Samwong on 09 Oct 2010, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Followers: 340

Kudos [?]: 1391 [0], given: 194

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Need some advice on CR [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2010, 22:19
I would definitely recommend getting Powerscore CR. Personally I found the strategies in Powerscore much less time consuming and much more efficient than MGMAT.
Re: Need some advice on CR   [#permalink] 09 Oct 2010, 22:19