Thank you for using the timer!
We noticed you are actually not timing your practice. Click the START button first next time you use the timer.
There are many benefits to timing your practice, including:
Basic Statistics Exam [#permalink]
22 Aug 2012, 23:29
This post received KUDOS
1. From the data types below which one is an attribute data type ? A lengths of time in the car B Battery Life (in hours) of a cellular phone battery C Diameter of pencils D Salaries of employees E The number of good and bad products
2. An individual is reviewing a stable, normal process that has a Cp=3 and Cpk=.5. In order to achieve a capable process, what must be done ?
A Not enough information given B Shift the mean only C Reduce variation only D it is already a capable process E Reduce variation and shift the mean
3. When population data are discrete and you want to compare two populations, which test is most appropriate ? A Levene’s B t-test C 2-Proportion Test D Anderson-Darling E F-test
4. Which one of the following statistical test is used to compare five means, simultaneously ? A One-Way ANOVA B 2 Sample T-test C Run Test D F-Test E Normality test
5. Which test determines if there is a difference between the mean of a group and a proposed standard value ? A Paired t-test B Two sample t-test C F- test D One-sample t-test E One way Anova
6. While testing a statistical hypothesis with a significance level of alpha 0.05. when do you reject the NULL hypothesis (HO) ? A When P=value is less than 0.05 B When P=value is between 0.1 and 0.5 C When P=value is equal to 0.5 D When P=value is larger than 0.5 E When P=value is larger than 0.95
7. Which of the following is true about Standard Deviation A It is the average B It is a range of values C It measures location D It is measure of spread E It is maximum value minus the minimum value
8. What statistical assumptions need to be validated for ANOVA results to be valid ? A Observations are selected, not randomized B No assumptions are required to be met C Observations are normally distribute, independent, a variance are equal D Observations are from an F-distribution E Observations are from a Chi square distribution
9. Which of the following statements correctly interprets a 95% confidence interval on a population mean ? A It is a single point estimate B A 99% confidence interval is narrower than the 95% confidence interval C It is not used to interpret the population D If we repeatedly took sample from the same population, 95% of them would contain the true population mean. E Used to quantify the certainty of the sample standard deviation
10. The null hypothesis is ? A Not Needed B Always contains a > in the equation C The hypothesis of no difference D the alternative hypothesis E Always contains a < in the equation.