Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 05:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Bay Area Schools for 560 Score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Bay Area Schools for 560 Score [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 17:36
I know with 560 I don't have a shot at the good schools, so my next questions is, are there any "relatively" better schools that I can still to and hope to get in. Other than my GMAT score, my profile, experience, GPA is pretty solid.

I'm new in Bay Area, so I don't know what schools are good, ofcourse other than UC and Stanford.

Please suggest what schools should be worth exploring.

FYI - I'm planning for Fall 2010. Part time MBA. :)

Thanks...
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 3439

Re: Bay Area Schools for 560 Score [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 18:57
I never actually followed through on my Bay Area applications but when I was applying, I found people had great things to say about the faculty and part time MBA at Cal State East Bay. Give them a look and see if they have what you need. Also there were a couple of commuter schools in SF that seemed pretty standard continuing/executive ed offerings. Also, I don't know what UC Davis' GMAT range is off the top of my head but you might find that their low end is where you need it. To be honest, though, you might have a chance at Haas, if you had some kind of compelling history or noble life mission.

Good luck! Maybe one of the left coasters will be able to add more but definitely check out CSEB, UC-D.

EDIT: You're good at UC-D, which is a national top 50, especially if you try the SF Working Professional Exec program
http://www.gsm.ucdavis.edu/ProspectiveS ... itemid=228

But still, I'd throw an app at Haas and visit CSEB before I made any choices.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Bay Area Schools for 560 Score [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 20:11
Intern
Intern

Re: Bay Area Schools for 560 Score [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2010, 12:54
Thanks for all the replies. I've narrowed down to:

SFSU
CSUEB
UCD

Santa Clara & Berkeley, I really don't think my score of 560 is good, unless you have heard of people getting in with that score.

Any other recommendations?
Intern
Intern

Re: Bay Area Schools for 560 Score [#permalink] New post 30 Mar 2010, 09:31
I think you can get into SCU with 560 GMAT but they have a requirement for applicants who score 50% or below on the verbal section in GMAT to take TOEFL or retake the exam. So if your verbal percentile is at least 50%, you should qualify for SCU. In fact I feel SCU may be easier to get in compared to UC Davis (just a hunch).
Check their admission criteria for details.
Re: Bay Area Schools for 560 Score   [#permalink] 30 Mar 2010, 09:31