Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 22:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

BE(Civil)/MS Const. Mgmt/720 GMAT/Approx 3.5 GPA/5 Yrs Exp.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Leadership
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: Q0 V0
GPA: 3.5
WE: Project Management (Transportation)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 4

BE(Civil)/MS Const. Mgmt/720 GMAT/Approx 3.5 GPA/5 Yrs Exp. [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2013, 06:27
Good Evening,

Request for profile evaluation,

MBA - Full Time - Operations
University (From possible to dream) - Mays/Kelley/Scheller/Krannert/ISB/Ross/Tepper
GMAT - 720 (Verbal 38, Quant 50, AWA - 5.5), Retest in May-14, trying very hard for a 750/760
Education - Masters - MS in Construction Management - GPA - 3.94
Education - Undergraduate - Engineering (Civil) - GPA- Non IIT/NIT - Approximate 3.5 (First Class)
Work Experience - 60 months before hopefully beginning MBA in 2015. Completely in Operations of large government construction projects for an Indian Multinational
Extra-Curricular - Lots of Volunteer, Certifications in Operations Management, Operations Research, Statistical Quality Control and going for Data Analytics this year
Preparations - Already begun researching writing for basic formats such as Why MBA, Why MBA in Operations, Why now and Why us questions. Personal introspection on strengths and weaknesses of personal character. Also I am already clear about my short, mid and long term goals, in which direction I want to shape my career and where I hope to conclude.

Kindly let me know if you can draw a suggestion based on this.
Any advice/suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

Thank You.
Good Luck.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 2

Re: BE(Civil)/MS Const. Mgmt/720 GMAT/Approx 3.5 GPA/5 Yrs Exp. [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2014, 00:17
This post received
KUDOS
You have a good GMAT score and GPA. If you get a score of 750/760, you're chances at schools in top 10 will definitely be increased. An experience of 5 years is apt while applying to b-schools. What is more important is the quality of your work experience.Business schools require you to have strong leadership roles either in your work-experience or in extra-curricular activities. Even your extra-curricular activities only involve volunteering. Certification will definitely help you in strengthening your application. You have taken a step in the right direction by beginning research on some common application and interview questions. Talk to some alumni of your target schools and try to get your application verified by them. Download the free ebook – How to get into top a business school at http://www.interviewbay.com/mba/how-to- ... -ebook.php.

Good Luck!
www.interviewbay.com
Re: BE(Civil)/MS Const. Mgmt/720 GMAT/Approx 3.5 GPA/5 Yrs Exp.   [#permalink] 20 Jan 2014, 00:17