Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 02:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
GPA: 3.8
WE: Marketing (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 691

Kudos [?]: 3044 [0], given: 890

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster! [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 10:01
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Blatantly put, a threadmaster is a sheriff of each school threads :-)

Here is a list of tasks that help applicants to share and discuss their experiences and make the thread stronger.

1) Putting a first post together for the school (Most schools are up already! I will give the OP status to the threadmasters)
2) Keeping the thread updated with events/deadlines/etc - e.g. posting relevant material found, updates, interview debriefs found if not in the thread (from last year’s threads), and others.( Most of this information will be available on the school website and you will have them if you are applying.)
3) Keeping the thread organized - if something very helpful/valuable got posted, it would be helpful to put it into the very first post so that the first post serves as a valuable guide.
4) Keeping a roll call (this is automated) and keeping track of everyone who applied, submitted, interviewed, and keeping stats - it is quite fun.
5) We are working on a couple of new cool features exclusively available to threadmasters and making their lives easier so watch this space :-)
6) Finally, being the GMAT Club advocate of your school!!

Thank you.

BTW, just as information our threadmasters have had higher admission chances, considering statistics of previous years.
And also when you become the threadmaster, you receive a MBA admission guide to a school of your choice from one of our MBA Partners

My GMAT Resources
V30-V40: How to do it! | GMATPrep SC | GMATPrep CR | GMATPrep RC | Critical Reasoning Megathread | CR: Numbers and Statistics | CR: Weaken | CR: Strengthen | CR: Assumption | SC: Modifier | SC: Meaning | SC: SV Agreement | RC: Primary Purpose | PS/DS: Numbers and Inequalities | PS/DS: Combinatorics and Coordinates

My MBA Resources
Everything about the MBA Application | Over-Represented MBA woes | Fit Vs Rankings | Low GPA: What you can do | Letter of Recommendation: The Guide | Indian B Schools accepting GMAT score | Why MBA?

My Reviews
Veritas Prep Live Online

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 67

Kudos [?]: 717 [0], given: 116

Premium Member
Re: Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster! [#permalink] New post 14 May 2013, 21:40
Has Ross been taken??

Did you find this post helpful?... Please let me know through the Kudos button.

Thanks To The Almighty - My GMAT Debrief

GMAT Reading Comprehension: 7 Most Common Passage Types

Director
Director
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster! [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 16:31
Give me Fuqua

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Chat Moderator
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q45 V40
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 200 [0], given: 57

Premium Member
Re: Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster! [#permalink] New post 22 May 2013, 16:33
Think I already got my top choice :D

My Applicant Blog: http://hamm0.wordpress.com/

Non-Human User
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster! [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2014, 20:03
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Re: Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!   [#permalink] 11 Aug 2014, 20:03