Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 08:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Below 500 twice...Quantitative obstacle

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Below 500 twice...Quantitative obstacle [#permalink] New post 29 May 2006, 09:37
practice exams are easier than the real thing, I heard

Last edited by Amoura on 22 Jun 2006, 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 May 2006, 16:26
No, no, no and NO... do not despair about the stupid math... I really think that you can raise your score with studying the math... much easier to improve than verbal! And don't change your plans just because of this small obstacle... although it may seem unconquerable at the moment.

if it makes you feel better, I am pretty much in the same boat, although I don't consider myself weak in math I am learning it all over again because I didn't learn it in english... and since GMAT involves so many word problems I tend to be very slow at those translating it into regular, straight questions rather than the given convoluted ones. So for me, math is not so much a fear, but a good time management and learning the unknown terms (reciprocals, primes, etc)

another thing... i don't know about Manhattan GMAT course online, but I can tell you about GMAX... I am currently taking it now and learned some new things from it... although I have a long way to go.

but no matter what course you buy, you will have to put tremendous effort to succeed... but given that you are aiming only at mid 500's I think that such goal is very manageable.

good luck and keep your spirits up!
u2lover
VP
VP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 29 May 2006, 19:18
Hi Amoura,
After reading your post it seems like my story as far as Quant is considered. I was also always amongst the bright laggards of my group :lol: . But let me tell you one thing. Stick to the forum and more importantly stick to your beleif and determination to get through the Quant fear.

It takes time but it can definitely be done. I am feeling improvment in my quant already. Just try solving the problems first and then look at thr right approach to it. It really helps.

Have a nice time in the forum and try contributing also, it will not only help you but also others here.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

a note from GMAX Online [#permalink] New post 30 May 2006, 10:40
Dear Amoura,
The grade you got on your second test is similar to the entry grades our students have when they start our course. Many, many students raise their grades by about 200 points during the course, if they really study the material and do all the homework, the tests, and the extra materials we give them. Don't worry - just study.
And the GMAX Online course is made for study - you have enough licenses to take the course 3 times and there is no time limit at all. Read the reviews all over the internet - you'll be surprised. We are delighted!
The reason the price is so low is that we sell our courses in many countries, and feel that everyone should be able to afford to get ahead if he or she is willing to do the work.
The best of luck with your studies.
Regards,
Leanna
Director, GMAX
http://www.gmaxonline.com
a note from GMAX Online   [#permalink] 30 May 2006, 10:40