Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 04:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

"Best" admission consulting companies?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2012, 13:42
Hi, I had two questions:

1) For anyone who has worked with Stratus Prep, would you be willing to share about your experience or PM me about it?

2) For MBA Prep School, it seems like Tyler is getting a lot of great reviews. However, I checked today and the service I would buy from him is sold out for R1. Does anyone have experience working with other consultants at that firm?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2012, 13:55
** FIRST POST ** LOW CREDIBILITY REVIEW WARNING **
[what does this mean?]

I worked with Tyler himself and had a terrible experience. Which is why I am back to the drawing board this year. Even if I had been admitted, my working relationship with him was not a positive one. I found him to be difficult to communicate with and pretentious at best. His application input was weak and careless and I think he just had too much on his plate to really care much about me and my apps. There were glaring errors in some of his edits, no creativity or thoughtfulness and...I guess I will stop there. Enough said. I do not recommend.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 3

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2012, 00:26
Do any admissions consultants have experience specifically with Wharton Lauder?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2283

Kudos [?]: 8874 [0], given: 3670

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2012, 13:26
Expert's post
mourinhogmat1 wrote:
Yeah, I would like to who is the best consultant for Indian and International students specifically the highly represented group?
BB or moderators, do you have any good posts to share on this note?

I can probably only refer you to the reviews: http://gmatclub.com/reviews/#Admissions ... ntsReviews

I don't think I can right off the bat tell you the best one for international or Indian candidates...

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 341 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2012, 16:09
Expert's post
stupandaus wrote:
Do any admissions consultants have experience specifically with Wharton Lauder?

We have worked with Wharton Lauder applicants.

You might be interested in:

* Recent interview with a Wharton Lauder student.
* Transcript and audio from Wharton Lauder chat with its director of admissions.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [2] , given: 0

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2012, 00:07
This post received
KUDOS
Edit: Moderator Note: Review has been verified.

I recently applied for INSEAD R2. Still waiting for my results. Four days before submitting, I realized I didn’t know anyone who could review my essays. Looking on the internet, I found Laura Freedman, an MBA admissions consultant from Access Education in Singapore (try google). I was a bit nervous spending money on a consultant so close to the deadline. I’m really glad I decided to go ahead and get her help.

An INSEADer herself and an active alum in Singapore, Laura understands the INSEAD culture extremely well and has personal insights into how ADCOM could react to the content of my essays. She took time to understand my background, my interests, my career till date and my post-MBA plans. She prompted questions to bring out contents from both my personal and professional life to achieve a consistency in the essays. She pointed out important stories I hadn’t even thought to include. She really helped me take the essays to the next level in a very short time.

Her consulting experience in a tier 1 consulting firm gives her an amazing ability to understand different businesses across different functions. In general, she is very aware of what challenges different businesses face at different levels, and really understood my own career challenges. She also really understood my Indian cultural background and my experience adapting to life in Australia, helping me highlight important aspects I had ignored. On top of this, her editing skills were outstanding.

The best thing was that when I called Laura on the morning of the submission date to clarify one of the essays, she was very helpful to give appropriate time and attention even though she had prior engagements. She added whole lot of value overall, and I really enjoyed working with her too.

I highly recommend people to engage with Laura very early in the application process. She had a lot of great practical advice on my career and is one of those rare consultants who grows into the application along with the candidate. My application would have been much stronger had I engaged with Laura early in the process

Last edited by bagdbmba on 26 Feb 2014, 09:44, edited 3 times in total.
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Medical devices,
WE 2: Consumer electronics

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2012, 08:34
snipes wrote:
So I decided to use a consultant for a few reasons; I had very unusual work experience, a poor GPA, and time constraints (didn't take the GMAT until middle of October). All of this worked against me in a few different ways. I had not discovered GMATCLUB and basically just googled it and started calling people. I did informational interviews with Veritas (seemed competent, but nothing stood out), MBAMission (could not have been more turned off by their services--I ended the phone call early it was so bad), MBAExchange (it was honestly hard to get any serious answers out of them and I didn't like their pushy advertising) and ClearAdmit.

I ended up choosing Stacey at ClearAdmit for a few reasons. The first was it felt like she was the only one listening and actually thinking about my profile, and ways to enhance and frame it, during the informational interview and I felt comfortable talking with her. The other was that I felt her insight having served on the Tuck AdCom would be valuable, especially with Tuck being my #1 choice. I will also say that while I had a mixed experience, and at times was frustrated/disappointed, if I were to do it over again (given the same choices) I would still hire a consultant and still hire her. After having been on the board for some time now I had actually contacted Alex Chu and gotten some interesting information and was planning on using him for a ding analysis and probably at least one application in the next cycle (fortunately I got in off the WL so no more apps!). I also freely admit that I was probably a tough client and could have used someone who did more "hand-holding" to use a phrase from earlier in the thread. She definitely had a lot of clients and a packed schedule, so it was tough at times if I forgot a question in a draft, or just wanted a simple clarification or a quick question answered it could be 2-3 days until the next response. I am definitely someone who prefers to communicate over the internet/e-mail and yet at times, I felt like I needed to talk to her on the phone, and it was very difficult, if not impossible to do so.

I have kind of laid out my main criticisms already but I am going to use the same format from an earlier post that I liked.

1. Initial Consultation (5/5) - I was surprised at how poor of a job most of the other companies did when it came to initial consultations. You are getting ready to plop down 2k+ you would think that they would be paying attention and formulating some real answers. I suppose they probably get a lot of tire-kickers but I was offended by MBAMission's absolute indifference and really liked how Stacey handled the call. She sold her service without being pushy, was reasonably upfront about the challenges that I faced and talked to me for another 20-30 minutes a few days after my initial consultation to answer some follow up questions.

2. Input on Content and Knowledge of School (4/5) - Her knowledge of Tuck was one of the main reasons I hired her and I felt like this really shone through in my two my Tuck essays in particular (my career goals and interview are what sunk my ship imo). She also seemed very knowledgeable about Fuqua (one of the other schools we worked on) and to a lesser degree Yale (the final school we officially worked on together). I also felt like she did a good job of vetting essay ideas and telling me which ones to scrap and which to pursue--which happened a few times--as well as the rest of the editing process.

3. Overall Strategy - I don't want to give a numerical score for this one because I honestly am just not sure. I feel like she tried her best and that a lot of the blame here falls on myself for really just not knowing what to do about my career goals and not knowing enough about the different industries. At the same time, I feel like she could have done more to push me into figuring things out or telling me "this is generic" which, in retrospect, I think some of my career goals essays were. I think eventually we probably reached a limit in terms of the number of reviews she could do with her schedule and the time constraints of impending deadlines. Again I would reiterate that this is just as much my fault as hers, but looking back I think we did a good job of telling 'my story' but that my career goals were the clear weakness in my application. I think this was further complicated by the fact that I have an odd work history, one which adcoms would know nothing about, so I had to devote a lot of time to fleshing out what I had done and how this was relevant to my career goals. I am not sure if this was a mistake or not (one friend has told me he thinks it was a waste of time to spend so much word space explaining what I do and why that is relevant) but it definitely made things trickier and probably contributed to some of my 'career goals' malaise. I think on the whole it was a tough assignment and, I don't know, I hate to be too critical but you can draw from it what you want.

4. Time Management (2.5/5) - This was definitely the weakest part of our relationship and I understand it can be difficult. She was upfront initially that essay revisions would take 24-72 hours and we devised a schedule going in, however, there were two times when it exceeded 4 days and one of those times it was I believe 6 days with no communication during the heart of the application season. As I mentioned earlier, due to her schedule (and I think she might have small children) it was also difficult to get any quick clarification/quick questions answered in a short time frame. It was also really hard to get her on the phone after our initial consultation and follow up conversation. One other anecdote, which I think shows some of her pluses and minuses, is that I eventually got an interview invitation from Johnson after applying in R3. At this point I had struck out everywhere--we had nothing left to work on for Tuck, I didn't get an interview from Fuqua so we had no further work relationship there, and it was pretty obvious I wasn't getting an interview that late from Yale either--and so I kind of expected that she would be willing to help with any further correspondence I had with Johnson even though it wasn't a school that we worked on explicitly. I understand that she didn't have to help here, and was appreciative of that, but when it came to talk we had our phone chat cancelled the first time, and then she said she would call me the day of my Johnson visit and I told her I could talk anytime prior to 3:30. I got called at 3:27 as I was walking up the stairs to Sage and so it was difficult for me to get a whole lot out of that conversation when I was walking into the building. We did a mock interview for Tuck, and I asked her to e-mail me the notes she took from the mock interview and never received them. So some small things like that were annoying. Do I think that if I had the notes from our mock that I would have aced the interview and gotten into Tuck? Nope. But I also think that she shouldn't have told me to schedule my interview there before I submitted my application. I think she should have been able to tell that I didn't have a good enough grip on my own application at that point and recommended that I do my applicant-initiated interview afterwards. I think this would have made some difference. So, at times, I suppose maybe she was just going through the motions, but again, I was probably a tough client as well, and on the whole I think she did a decent job.

Final Rating (3.5/5) - I did not get into any of the schools we worked on together. In fact, I did not even get so much as interview invitation from the schools we worked on directly but I also know that had I not worked with her on those applications that my application to Johnson would not have been good enough. I even made a decision (risky, perhaps) to switch to a new long-term career goal for my Johnson application but if I hadn't worked with her I wouldn't have known how to frame it, and how to organize my essays. I can definitely say that I would not have gotten in without a consultant, even though I did not actually use a consultant for that application. This is getting long and I am running late so going to have to wrap it up. I think there are some things that she could have done better but on the whole it was an expensive, but necessary part of the application process for me. I have tried to be fair here and hope I haven't come off as too critical because I liked her and did think that for the most part she was trying hard and offered valuable input but also wanted to include some fair criticism.

Let me know if I can answer anymore questions for anyone or if the mods need to verify anything.

I had a similar experience with Stacey Oyler last year. I worked with her on five schools. Without being repetitive, here are my thoughts:

1. Initial Consultation (4/5): She outlined the challenges I faced and what I could do about them. However, didn't offer any concrete or actionable suggestions.

2. Input on Content and Knowledge of School (3.5/5): Obviously, her content knowledge was good for Tuck, which is one of the reasons I decided to work with her. For other schools on my list, there wasn't much emphasis on customizing essays for those schools. In fact, her content knowledge for the other schools was below average. For example, she wasn't aware if it was a good idea to use the optional essay for a particular school and I had to rush last minute to write that essay once I found out that applicants were encouraged to write it.

3. Strategy (3/5): This category was interesting. She critiqued my essays strategically in the sense that she would point out if any sentence sounded vague or weak. She would suggest that I make it stronger by providing more corroborating evidence. However, her overall strategic input was poor. We brainstormed a little to figure out which topics to use for which essays. However, I don't think she made an effort to bring out a strong, cohesive theme in my application. In fact, one of the schools gave me feedback that one of my essay topics made them question my career goals and background! In a nutshell, she's a good essay editor and will make the individual essays stronger. However, I don't think she had an eye towards making the overall application flow.

4. Time Management (3/5): I agree with the above poster here. There were times my emails would go unanswered for days and I would have to send follow-ups. I almost felt that I had to write shorter emails because she seemed to ignore the longer ones. That was extremely frustrating to not be able to communicate effectively. However, she did return the essays to me within 48 hours. I seldom had an issue with that. In fact, when she had a little more time earlier on in the process, she would return the essays in as little as 36 hours. She does make an effort to return the essays on time. My major gripe was not being to communicate effectively via email.

5. Final Rating (3.5/5): Stacey is a genuinely nice person and I think she does care about her applicants. She made an effort to turn around essay as quickly as possible. Her turnaround time was great initially and remained good even as we got closer to the deadlines. She offered good feedback to make my resume and individual essays stronger. However, strategically, we were not able to bring out the best in my application. Maybe that was my issue or maybe it was hers but going in, I really wanted someone who could offer strategic advice and I felt that was lacking.

I have tried to be fair and objective in my review. Obviously, YMMV.
Expert Post
MBA Prep School CEO & Co-Founder
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2012, 07:34
Expert's post
racerk123 wrote:
** FIRST POST ** LOW CREDIBILITY REVIEW WARNING **
[what does this mean?]

I worked with Tyler himself and had a terrible experience. Which is why I am back to the drawing board this year. Even if I had been admitted, my working relationship with him was not a positive one. I found him to be difficult to communicate with and pretentious at best. His application input was weak and careless and I think he just had too much on his plate to really care much about me and my apps. There were glaring errors in some of his edits, no creativity or thoughtfulness and...I guess I will stop there. Enough said. I do not recommend.

I am very sorry to learn that you were dissatisfied with your experience as my client. I admit that I was caught off guard when I read this review because I have never received feedback of this kind, even from the handful of clients over the years who were not accepted to business school. That said, I accept responsibility and want to learn more about where I went wrong in your case. I promise you that I do care deeply about the success of my clients as my other performance reviews on this site reflect (http://gmatclub.com/reviews/instructor/ ... -345345498).

I would be grateful for the chance to talk to you. Please respond to my PM.

Sincerely,
Tyler

Tyler Cormney
MBA Prep School

MBA Prep School provides you with power tools for building a winning MBA application. Our on-demand admissions consulting videos and application prep tools will increase your chances of being accepted by your dream school.

Take the first step toward your dream school -- for Free!: http://mbaprepschool.com
Read our eBook: http://mbaprepschool.com/ebook
For GMAT Club Discounts: http://gmatclub.com/blog/courses/mba-pr ... gmat-club/

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Reviews Badge
Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2012, 07:01

!
Moderator's Warning: - User with low number of posts. High potential for a non-genuine review. If you're the poster, the warning can be removed if you can provide proof of service to the moderator.

Hi,

I saw this thread and thought I'd share my experience working on my application with Aringo.com.
After almost a year of hard work I have succeeded and been accepted to Wharton, and I will note that this was in the second round.
Aringo and my consultant walked me through this long challenging process, from choosing the desired MBA program, helping me find my creativeness and express it in the best way possible to making it to the deadlines with excellent polished documents, and they did it with a lot of patience, serious professionalism and great attitude.

I am sure that our work together made all the difference in how my writing turned out, and I know that Aringo's efforts in managing all the editing and application details made the final results possible. I would fully recommend their services to anyone facing this task of getting into the top schools.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2012, 11:42
Anyone else had a chance to work with Betsy Massar from Master Admissions? Can't find anymore reviews on her.
Schools: University of Chicago, Columbia, Wharton, Stanford, Harvard, Cornell, NYU, Duke, Indiana

Kudos [?]: 94 [0], given: 0

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2012, 18:03
Hi tgrlil:

Thank you for posting your review of MyMBAAdmit. This is Khyati Soparkar, Owner and Client Mentor.

We have looked through our records and don't have any customer complaints as you described. Had we heard about this, we would have of course tried to remedy the situation. It is unfortunate when a client chooses to not speak up at the time, and then posts something later which is difficult to respond to productively without any names/details. However, we appreciate your feedback, and hope you were successful in your business school applications. We have helped many clients, and are committed to their satisfaction.

We have sent you a PM (private message) to get more specifics around your experience. If you would like to call or email us, we would love to hear from you. This is the first time of hearing of such an issue, and we are eager to fix it.

We apologize for the experience you felt you had, and hope you are successful in your future endeavors.

Regards,
Khyati Soparkar
@MyMBAAdmit

My MBA Admit
Khyati Soparkar, Lead Consultant
MBA Admissions Consultants
New York, NY

Contact us for a Free Initial Consultation

Just starting the MBA application process? Our Candidate Profiling and School Selection report is currently offered for $100 only! This 10-page report conducts a multidimensional profile evaluation, and provides you with a comprehensive list of business schools that match. Click to Find Out More!

MBAConsult@MyMBAAdmit.com

Read the My MBA Admit Blog

Follow My MBA Admit on Twitter and Facebook!

Last edited by MyMBAAdmit on 06 Nov 2013, 11:42, edited 3 times in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2012, 01:58
Having worked with many other consultants at this point, I'm very confident that there really isn't any comparison in the services provided by MyMBAAdmit and the other firms I worked with. Given the comments and edits you provided, it was clear that no amount of feedback could have brought MyMBAAdmit's services up to par. This is the risk one takes when hiring a consultant and prepaying.

Again, if anyone has any specific questions about the experience please feel free to get in touch.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2012, 06:51
This post received
KUDOS

Try "Access Education". Based in Singapore and run by an INSEAD alumnus Laura. I just received my pre-selection email from INSEAD. She is really good esp for INSEAD applications.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2012, 06:54
This post received
KUDOS

I also used Access Education as an Admissions Consultant when I applied to INSEAD and worked directly with Laura Freedman - she was brilliant! If you want to apply to INSEAD, she is definitely the best in the business. She knows exactly what type of candidate the school is looking for and will be open and honest with you about your chances of success right from the outset. She draws out the best in you so that you shine on paper and is also really inspiring to work with. I wouldn't look anywhere else if your dream school is INSEAD.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 28

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 9

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2012, 01:15
mourinhogmat1 wrote:
Yeah, I would like to who is the best consultant for Indian and International students specifically the highly represented group?

We are a small, boutique team and we've had a presence on GC for several years. So a little bit of research on the site should help you form a perception about us.

For starters, check out the MBA Crystal Ball thread and our responses to applicant queries on various other threads on GC. See if you find our suggestions/ideas indepth and useful.

You'll find the occasional pat on the back from old-timers on GC, like --> this one.

Several clients who've got into the top schools (some with partial/full scholarships) and felt comfortable talking about the association have shared their success stories on our blog.

Sameer Kamat | Founder - MBA Crystal Ball | Email: info at mbacrystalball dot com

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2012, 08:05
I noticed some weird things about Aringo reviews and MBAPrep school.

MBA Prep School - Even though all the reviews have been written by posters with multiple posts, just one of them mentions the school the person was admitted to. Isn't that weird?

Aringo - All of the reviews have been written by 1st time posters.

Are they really as good as they say?

Lastly, how reliable are these admission 411 essays.

Thanks
Sumeet
www.midasreturns.wordpress.com

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
WE: Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 13

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2012, 20:19
Hello! So I haven't actually bought a consulting package from a particular company, but I've just had 4 free consultation sessions and wanted to share my experience while it's still fresh in my mind.

1) Stacy Blackman: This was my very first session, so I wasn't particularly prepared for questions. The consultation was set up fairly quickly, and the consultant emailed me with time suggestions. After I had picked one for the same day, she asked me to end her my resume. I couldn't since I was at work, so I asked her if she wanted to reschedule. She said it was OK and that she would just ask me some questions about my job.

She called right on time! The questions she asked me were basically... when I graduated, gpa, major, UG school, and current position at work. She told me I was too young to be applying right now, and that based on my GPA (which is super low... from a state school), my to choices (Columbia and Stern Langone) were more than reaches. Basically, that I shouldn't even really be considering them. I was shocked at her bluntness, but very appreciative. She told me to wait 1-2 years to apply, and switch companies (to one that would give me a promotion), a lateral move. She didn't know much about Stern's PT program, but told me that one of the biggest benefits of that is that the class is filled with older individuals who have accomplished so much more in their career. Because I was so young, it might be even MORE difficult for me to get in. And then listed schools that were within my reach. I ended the call because I didn't have any more questions and she didn't either. It lasted about 21 minutes.

What I appreciated was her bluntness. It was a reality check, and based on that I decided to wait till next year to apply. But I really don't think she tried to get to know me, and what really bothered me was that she didn't give me ways to enhance my position. So I left this meeting really discouraged, and really sad.

2) Stratus Prep: The person I spoke with was a LOT more encouraging than the consultant from Stacy Blackman. He did call a bit late, I was about to start driving back home from work when he called and I pulled over to a parking spot lol. But it was <10 min. He told me that I needed to treat my GPA like a cancer cell- isolate it and make every other part of my app spectacular. I asked him about leadership suggestions, and he said that it really depends on my own assessment. Whatever volunteer leadership role I take should mesh will with the overall theme of my application- which makes sense. He gave me HOPE, that Columbia wasn't completely out of the question. He also told me a lot about the packaged programs, as well as their gmat programs, and stats.

This guy tried getting to know me a little bit more but I also felt like he was trying to market to me a lot too. I felt like he was a little too encouraging.. but maybe I'm just being overly sensitive. Oh, what I didn't like was that he didn't look at my resume beforehand because he was asking me questions that he would've known if he did. Where I worked, where I graduated from... it was all there. Something worth noting about their package is that you can get it very early and at no extra cost. For example, for someone like me wanting to apply for Fall 2014, I could get the package now and have my consultant work with me on revving up my resume.

3) Accepted: Holyyyy mofo could this lady talk. She gave me lots of advice, even advice on what to do after admission. She also told me to shoot for my dream school, but also apply to other schools within my league (and listed a bunch of them within my area). She was so down to earth, it was easy for me to connect with her. It was really a lot of repeated stuff from what the guy previous to her said. Nothing too new, and nothing I didn't know already from this forum :P Oh, and one thing to note is that this gal definitely looked at the resume I had sent her, even before my call with her (during our emails prior to the call).

4) MBA Prep School: The consultant I spoke to stood out from every other one I've spoken with from the VERY beginning. He didn't wait for me to talk, he basically took control of the conversation from the beginning which I thought was a LOT more productive. What were my long-term and short-term career goals? Where did I want to be post MBA? Why Columbia? Why Cornell? Was there any explanation to why my GPA was so low? Leadership outside of my sorority that I still do now? He had a comment about every one of my answers, and he gave me so much GOOD advice that no one else had ever mentioned. In this short amount of time, he tried to get to know me and tell me where I stood and what I would have to do to even be competitive. That, and he gave me examples of leadership I could do within my community. We went over the allotted time (which I did not do with anyone else) and I felt.. safe with him, if that makes ANY sense. I trusted in what he said, and I trusted that his company would be the best. I had that sense of relief, like FINALLY someone who really knows what they're talking about. And it's not just because of his charming accent :D

I have a few more consultations, and I will definitely update my post after I have them. But I don't think I'll be scheduling any more until next early next year. I don't feel like asking the same questions and hearing the same answers again. But for now, I think MBA Prep School is going to be really hard to beat. As of right now, I have my sights set on them!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2012, 10:45
Has anyone on the forums actually USED StratusPrep?

They've been around for awhile but I've seen just a couple of reviews...nothing too specific either. Would love some input here.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 13

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2012, 14:47
Hi Everyone,

I had read many a good reviews about Amerasia from last year and never a bad one, but I am starting to see quite a few negative reviews coming up on Gmatclub threads this year.

Can anyone who has hired Amerasia recently share their experience please? Might be really helpful!!
Especially to people (from India etc) for whom an admission consultant could be a huge investment!!
Expert Post
Followers: 51

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 195

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 09 Sep 2012, 23:39
Expert's post
Hi Giusippe:
Thanks for reaching out.
I received your PM, complete with questions and request for materials, and will be following up with those individual items via PM.

I did have a question with respect to the nature of the reviews you reference below - as I am not sure this is the case. Additionally, in your PM to me you prefaced your requests for information/materials with "Have read a lot of good references about Amerasia on Gmatclub." So I am sure we can discuss that as well.
Looking forward to it ...
- Paul

giusippe wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I had read many a good reviews about Amerasia from last year and never a bad one, but I am starting to see quite a few negative reviews coming up on Gmatclub threads this year.

Can anyone who has hired Amerasia recently share their experience please? Might be really helpful!!
Especially to people (from India etc) for whom an admission consultant could be a huge investment!!

Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | mba@amerasiaconsulting.com | 877.866.9251

Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog

Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies?   [#permalink] 09 Sep 2012, 23:39