Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 08:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

"Best" admission consulting companies?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.57
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 10:34
A Journey pursuing my MBA dream, with mbadream.in – Debrief

full scholarship. From a top 45 school and Top 30 school admit, with just 2 years of work experience.

My journey with MBAdream started a friend told me about Rahul and reading up on mbadream.in. When I spoke to Rahul I told him about my GMAT score of 660. His belief in me and his motivation was enlightening, so I got my way forward for my MBA application.

The journey to a B school isn’t easy. There are constant questions and moments when one feels extremely demotivated and is willing to give up. As an Indian applicant, we are at a disadvantage as the admission process in pretty different from the process in India. It is therefore essential that you connect with someone who has full understanding of the process and criteria.

Rahul was that friend and mentor who kept me motivated and guided me at each step from choosing the right schools networking with them and writing a thank you emails after interview. After starting work on my story and my profile he also motivated me to take another shot at GMAT as I was not happy with my GMAT score he gave me confidence and will take care of the rest I just concentrate on GMAT and every point ill improve help save some money through scholarship. Bingo, I got a 710, with Rahul’s inputs I gave my applications best attempt.

You can always count on Rahul to give you the most honest advice and feedback. While, I knew why I wanted to pursue and MBA, Rahul helped me create my unique story and he understood my strengths as an applicant and helped me choose the right schools from me.

He understood my busy office schedule and even held practise interview sessions at 11 in the night. He was available 24X7 for me on Gtalk phone watsapp watever way of communicating I could find. I can assure you no other consultant would walk this extra mile for you.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 13:37

!
Moderator's Warning: - User with low number of posts. High potential for a non-genuine review. If you're the poster, the warning can be removed if you can provide proof of service to the moderator.

I am what some would call a nontraditional applicant. Going into business school, I will be 25 and will have 3 years of work experience. I have worked for a nonprofit and a family business in real estate. I also have different personal interests than most people applying to business school and have done my share of moving around.

All this being said, from the moment I called Stacy Blackman, the staff were instrumental in putting my successes and achievements on paper and to life. Not only were they helpful, but they were honest, sincere, punctual, knowledgeable and resourceful. Specifically, I worked with Caryn Altman, a Kellogg graduate. Caryn takes her job very seriously. She treats your application as it is her own. Caryn would e-mail me daily, sometimes multiple times a day, with essay rewrites, tips, friendly hellos, etc. I should note that this is because I was very involved in the process and would constantly be e-mailing her first!

The Stacy Blackman team helps you construct the perfect application for business school. The consultants go above and beyond to give you advice on the GMAT (retaking it or not), the application, the essays, business school selection, the resume, and an in depth review of the interview process.

I am thrilled by my results. After applying to 6 business schools, I got into three of them (one being a top 5 school where I plan to attend next year). I plan to recommend Stacy Blackman (and specifically Caryn) to friends and relatives applying to business school in the future.

Thank you Caryn for guiding me and helping me get into business school. I couldn't have done it without you and the SB team!
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 80

Kudos [?]: 524 [0], given: 105

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 19 Jan 2014, 06:29
Expert's post
Please share proofs such as invoice and Admit mail with us in order to validate your claim. It's a part of our club's policy for the sake of the members and transparency.

You may PM me.

Thank you.
dmp380 wrote:

!
Moderator's Warning: - User with low number of posts. High potential for a non-genuine review. If you're the poster, the warning can be removed if you can provide proof of service to the moderator.

I am what some would call a nontraditional applicant. Going into business school, I will be 25 and will have 3 years of work experience. I have worked for a nonprofit and a family business in real estate. I also have different personal interests than most people applying to business school and have done my share of moving around.

All this being said, from the moment I called Stacy Blackman, the staff were instrumental in putting my successes and achievements on paper and to life. Not only were they helpful, but they were honest, sincere, punctual, knowledgeable and resourceful. Specifically, I worked with Caryn Altman, a Kellogg graduate. Caryn takes her job very seriously. She treats your application as it is her own. Caryn would e-mail me daily, sometimes multiple times a day, with essay rewrites, tips, friendly hellos, etc. I should note that this is because I was very involved in the process and would constantly be e-mailing her first!

The Stacy Blackman team helps you construct the perfect application for business school. The consultants go above and beyond to give you advice on the GMAT (retaking it or not), the application, the essays, business school selection, the resume, and an in depth review of the interview process.

I am thrilled by my results. After applying to 6 business schools, I got into three of them (one being a top 5 school where I plan to attend next year). I plan to recommend Stacy Blackman (and specifically Caryn) to friends and relatives applying to business school in the future.

Thank you Caryn for guiding me and helping me get into business school. I couldn't have done it without you and the SB team!

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Intern
Intern

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2014, 08:32

!

After a lot of research, I decided to go with MBAPrepAdvantage and couldn’t be happier with my decision. I chose MBAPrepAdvantage for several reasons... The founder Michael Cohan worked directly with me eliminating the concern I had related to being staffed with a consultant who had little experience. His quick responsiveness helped me manage the process. Michael genuinely cared about my success. He helped me improve my essays. He questioned how I thought and gave me guidance on how to improve my profile. His knowledge of my space and schools was remarkable. He motivated me to put together a complete package that accurately represented my life priorities and career goals. He was also instrumental in the overall strategy of the application process. With his help I was accepted into a top 5 program despite a low GMAT.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q V0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2014, 18:25
Edit: Moderator Note: Review has been verified.

This review is for Tyler Cormney of MBA Prep School

I come from a fairly traditional/over-represented background (2 years of banking, 3 years of private equity) and I was concerned about my chances of being accepted into HBS or Stanford. After interviewing 7 different admissions consultants, I selected Tyler for a couple reasons: (1) some of my close friends had used him in the past and had nothing but great things to say [and had also gotten accepted], and (2) I felt like Tyler would be someone that could help me create a unique, personal narrative unlike some other consultants who like to squeeze all their clients into a pre-determined mold.

Regarding point 2, I would say that Tyler has exceeded my already high expectations. Tyler guided me through a step-by-step process to bring out my most relevant / interesting / unique stories and helped me craft them into powerful narratives in my essays. He is disciplined, responsive, and in particular, his attentiveness almost made me feel like I was his only client. If you come from an over-represented background and care about crafting a unique story that still represents who you really are, PICK TYLER!

Last edited by mik789 on 29 Jan 2014, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2014, 22:22

I used Tyler Cormney at MBA Prep school and was extremely happy with my experience.

The business school application process can be daunting, including the process of choosing a consultant! Tyler stood out to me because of his extensive experience and more importantly RESULTS. Tyler came highly recommended by friends who were successful as a result of Tyler’s help. During my initial consultation, I appreciated that Tyler was realistic about my candidacy. I felt like he saw possible pitfalls and solutions that other consultants missed.

I was not disappointed. In regards to my essays, Tyler was able to help me pick apart major events in my life and narrow in on an interesting theme, which I believe helped me stand out from the pack. Not only did he provide great advice on the application, but he also provided a much-needed push when I started to get worn-out. I felt like he was personally invested in helping me get into my dream school, Harvard Business School! Make an investment in Tyler. You will have the peace of mind of knowing that you are putting your best foot forward with your applications.
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 80

Kudos [?]: 524 [0], given: 105

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2014, 09:11
Expert's post
Gator1214 wrote:

!

After a lot of research, I decided to go with MBAPrepAdvantage and couldn’t be happier with my decision. I chose MBAPrepAdvantage for several reasons... The founder Michael Cohan worked directly with me eliminating the concern I had related to being staffed with a consultant who had little experience. His quick responsiveness helped me manage the process. Michael genuinely cared about my success. He helped me improve my essays. He questioned how I thought and gave me guidance on how to improve my profile. His knowledge of my space and schools was remarkable. He motivated me to put together a complete package that accurately represented my life priorities and career goals. He was also instrumental in the overall strategy of the application process. With his help I was accepted into a top 5 program despite a low GMAT.

Please share proofs such as invoice and Admit mail with us in order to validate your claim. It's a part of our club's policy for the sake of the members and transparency.

You may PM me.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 590 Q38 V33
GPA: 3.75
WE: Operations (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2014, 10:44

!

"The team at Fortuna were just fantastic. I've worked with Melissa Matt and Caroline 3 consultants from Fortuna. From day 1, I had a road map to follow and they supported me every step of the way. Communicating with both of them was easy, clear and quick. They not only prepared me but motivated me throughout the admission process. The team's recommendations and advice really helped me in my applications to INSEAD and IMD, and I was delighted to gain admissions to both. Overall, Fortuna was worth every penny, and I wholeheartedly recommend the team to others."
Intern
Intern

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2014, 19:30

I worked with Natalie from Accepted dot com and had an incredible experience. I highly recommend working with her!

I had free consultations, basically interviews, with 8 different firms. Each lasted 45-60 minutes, but the content varied greatly from conversations regarding a firm or consultant's general approach, to outlining a list of schools and an application strategy, and everything between. Some of the firms will match you with your actual consultant before the initial conversation, while others will tell you that you need to be evaluated before you are matched (or, in some cases, given a few consultant options to choose from).

In my case, I spoke with Natalie directly. Accepted was the last firm that I spoke with, and had pretty much already made up my mind on another consultant, until I spoke with her, and immediately knew that she was the one. Not only did our personalities mesh well, but she demonstrated an incredibly intimate knowledge of the admissions process and the interworkings of adcoms at top-tier schools.

I purchased a 6-school comprehensive package, and hit the ground running. The value that I received from Natalie went far beyond simply editing my essays; we worked on finalizing my school list, updating my resume, crafting my story/brand, each individual school's specific essays, mocked my video essays, mocked my interviews, etc, etc etc. She assisted and provided valuable insight into every single step of the process. In addition, her knowledge of the process saved me an enormous amount of time that would have otherwise been spent researching specific questions that Natalie could simply answer off of the top of her head.

Of course, results are the most important factor, and I have been thrilled with the outcome of my applications thus far. I have several top programs to choose from for R1, and still have two R2 application decisions to look forward to!
Overall, incredible experience, and worth every penny. I doubt I would be in the incredible situation that I am in without the help of Natalie and Accepted!
Intern
Intern

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2014, 04:15

!

I had a great experience with Matt, Caroline, and Melissa from Fortuna for my INSEAD application. They were incredibly helpful and responsive to my requests for how to best present my story to the adcom, and with their experience in the admissions office I was very confident that their advice would be fantastic. They went above and beyond what was required of them on many occasions, and I would not hesitate to recommend their services to anyone.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2273

Kudos [?]: 8775 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: "Best" admission consulting companies? [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2014, 16:23
Expert's post
THIS DISCUSSION IS LOCKED. PLEASE SEE HERE FOR 2014 DISCUSSION

Thank you - please continue the discussion in the 2014 thread.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: "Best" admission consulting companies?   [#permalink] 12 Feb 2014, 16:23