Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:22 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 394 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: "Best" Admissions Consulting Companies - 2014 [#permalink]
I enrolled with Expert's Global https://www.expertsglobal.com very early on in my MBA journey, when I had little idea about GMAT or B-schools in USA. Expert guidance program for GMAT prep suited me very well, since I was not a fan of classroom coaching.. Although I barely knew them before I enrolled, I am so glad today that I did. Once I got lot of study material and other resources like practice tests.

After I enrolled I was assigned a mentor who guided me with my preparation. Simply following study plan and the materials ensured my success. Evidently there has been a lot of research and experience behind the study materials that were provided to me, I never referred to any other resource throughout my preparation. I have made a detailed post on how Expert's helped me crack the GMAT and score 770 ( https://gmatclub.com/forum/scored-770-on-my-first-attempt-180683.html)

After my GMAT experience, my faith on Expert's as reinforced and I decided to go ahead with their application package. Right from the shortlisting of schools to guiding me with Visa process, I got all the guidance I wanted from Experts. Shailesh, my mentor who worked me with me throughout the process, was very professional and very frank when he gave me feedback everytime, which helped me improve. Professionalism with a personal touch was the uniqueness of the guidance throughout, with schools shortlisting, essays and interview prep etc. You can read my detailed application experience here (https://gmatclub.com/forum/my-journey-to-tepper-180684.html)

I would like to thank Expert’s, especially, Mayank Srivastava, Shailesh Otari, who helped me at various stages of my MBA journey. What I gained from the association with Expert’s is much more than just a high GMAT score and an admit from a top global b-school. The experience improved my confidence, self-belief and the drive to aim higher.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.83
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Edit: Moderator Note: Review has been verified.

As a 32 year old consultant with a family and after a difficult 2013 MBA application season, I realized that it was now or never for getting into business school. In 2013 I applied to three northeast schools—Wharton (FT), Columbia (FT), and Stern (FT)—and was ultimately dinged from all three after interviewing at two and being wait-listed at one. I needed an edge to make sure that my next application season was successful and my last. While I spoke with several MBA admission consulting companies, after reaching out to Tyler Cormney and having my introductory interview with Esther Choy I knew I had found that edge with MBA Prep School.

After my initial conversation with Esther there were four reasons I selected MBA Prep School and especially Esther Choy and Faisal Khan to coach me for my 2014 application season:
  • Their high historical success rate,
  • Their school selection strategy aligned with my goals (i.e., diversify among top schools vs. go downstream with schools)
  • They had the most collaborative and warm culture among the firms I interviewed (e.g., kicking off the essay writing process Esther said, “now the fun begins”—and she meant it!), and
  • As a collaborative team, Esther and Faisal could provide a more rounded perspective regarding my application—Esther described it as getting both the “cup half full” and the “cup half empty” perspective.

While the application process was still a lot of work, it was a lot more fun than my previous go around and I felt more confident having a team supporting me in the process. I even looked forward to our update calls as the brainstorming process was so enjoyable. Some of the areas that Esther and Faisal helped the most were in the following:
  • Capturing a compelling MBA vision,
  • Brainstorming the most powerful story ideas to communicate my vision and leadership strengths—with a team based model, this meant I got an extra “outside opinion” early in the process of writing an essay,
  • Teaching me how to structure the stories for the most powerful effect,
  • Providing editing recommendations, i.e.: pointing out areas warranting elaboration, but especially for suggesting areas to remove content and details to make room for the most powerful story elements, and
  • Providing guidance about selecting the most powerful recommenders among my pool of options.

However, beyond the more immediate goal of getting accepted to business school, I feel like working with Esther and Faisal has given me tools that will make me more successful in business. The experience has made me not only both a better writer, but also more able to communicate a compelling vision in broader contexts. Currently working in consulting, I foresee this having immediate benefits with:
  • Communicating my personal vision and strengths to colleagues and clients,
  • Pitching our company’s vision to clients to win projects,
  • Developing compelling client recommendations that clients actually want to read, and
  • Creating a more compelling individual performance narrative that allows me to earn a higher performance rating and achieve a more rapid promotion timeline.
  • Getting higher grades on MBA class essays :)

Ultimately, I was accepted to all four schools I applied to--Wharton (EMBA), Columbia (EMBA), Kellogg (1Y FT), and Tuck (FT)—and even earned a sizable scholarship from Kellogg. While I was expecting good things to come out of this application season, after my previous year’s application season performance, I was not expecting this level of success. That’s another of the many reasons I’m so thankful for Esther and Faisal’s help, guidance, and ability to make the process more fun that made this experience so successful and rewarding. If you’re looking to learn the tools that will make you more successful in the b-school application process and in business in general, look no further than Esther Choy and Faisal Khan at MBA Prep School.

Originally posted by Immordino on 11 Sep 2014, 07:06.
Last edited by Immordino on 22 Sep 2014, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Removed the warning.

Thanks.
Immordino wrote:

Edit: Moderator Note: Review has been verified.

As a 32 year old consultant with a family and after a difficult 2013 MBA application season, I realized that it was now or never for getting into business school. In 2013 I applied to three northeast schools—Wharton (FT), Columba (FT), and Stern (FT)—and was ultimately dinged from all three after interviewing at two and being wait-listed at one. I needed an edge to make sure that my next application season was successful and my last. While I spoke with several MBA admission consulting companies, after reaching out to Tyler Cormney and having my introductory interview with Esther Choy I knew I had found that edge with MBA Prep School.

After my initial conversation with Esther there were four reasons I selected MBA Prep School and especially Esther Choy and Faisal Khan to coach me for my 2014 application season:
  • Their high historical success rate,
  • Their school selection strategy aligned with my goals (i.e., diversify among top schools vs. go downstream with schools)
  • They had the most collaborative and warm culture among the firms I interviewed (e.g., kicking off the essay writing process Esther said, “now the fun begins”—and she meant it!), and
  • As a collaborative team, Esther and Faisal could provide a more rounded perspective regarding my application—Esther described it as getting both the “cup half full” and the “cup half empty” perspective.

While the application process was still a lot of work, it was a lot more fun than my previous go around and I felt more confident having a team supporting me in the process. I even looked forward to our update calls as the brainstorming process was so enjoyable. Some of the areas that Esther and Faisal helped the most were in the following:
  • Capturing a compelling MBA vision,
  • Brainstorming the most powerful story ideas to communicate my vision and leadership strengths—with a team based model, this meant I got an extra “outside opinion” early in the process of writing an essay,
  • Teaching me how to structure the stories for the most powerful effect,
  • Providing editing recommendations, i.e.: pointing out areas warranting elaboration, but especially for suggesting areas to remove content and details to make room for the most powerful story elements, and
  • Providing guidance about selecting the most powerful recommenders among my pool of options.

However, beyond the more immediate goal of getting accepted to business school, I feel like working with Esther and Faisal has given me tools that will make me more successful in business. The experience has made me not only both a better writer, but also more able to communicate a compelling vision in broader contexts. Currently working in consulting, I foresee this having immediate benefits with:
  • Communicating my personal vision and strengths to colleagues and clients,
  • Pitching our company’s vision to clients to win projects,
  • Developing compelling client recommendations that clients actually want to read, and
  • Creating a more compelling individual performance narrative that allows me to earn a higher performance rating and achieve a more rapid promotion timeline.
  • Getting higher grades on MBA class essays :)

Ultimately, I was accepted to all four schools I applied to--Wharton (EMBA), Columbia (EMBA), Kellogg (1Y FT), and Tuck (FT)—and even earned a sizable scholarship from Kellogg. While I was expecting good things to come out of this application season, after my previous year’s application season performance, I was not expecting this level of success. That’s another of the many reasons I’m so thankful for Esther and Faisal’s help, guidance, and ability to make the process more fun that made this experience so successful and rewarding. If you’re looking to learn the tools that will make you more successful in the b-school application process and in business in general, look no further than Esther Choy and Faisal Khan at MBA Prep School.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Has anyone had any experience with MAC approved or Denise Handa? Also if anybody has any experience with essaysnark, can they please share it here?

Originally posted by DorkusMaximus on 21 Sep 2014, 21:26.
Last edited by DorkusMaximus on 21 Sep 2014, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hi,

Can anyone tell me about Prep Zone in Mumbai or other some other consultants in Mumbai who are really good and can help me .

Regards,
Ebad Ashfaque
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT Date: 07-26-2014
GPA: 3.54
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
I’m getting my application package done from careerkundali.in They’ve given me exceptional service so far. I especially liked their personalized and customized approach in coming up with my Essay. I know for a fact that I wouldn’t have gotten that kind of a service from any other place. I am pitching for Ivy League schools and they have an excellent understanding of what is required.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 264 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
GPA: 4
Send PM
I would strongly recommend https://www.mbacrystalball.com/.

I scored a 690 in GMAT even after consistently scoring 730+ numbers in all my mock tests and I gave 15 of those. So was very disappointed with my score. Considering that I come from a very competitive pool of Indian IT Male, I wanted admissions consultants who can understand my profile, connect my profile with "why I want to do MBA", and help me in identifying the right list of schools and who were based out of India (since I have a strong perception that Indian admissions consultants can do justice with people of my kind of profile). I googled a lot of them and had discussions with all of them, but eventually I found that https://www.mbacrystalball.com/ would be able to help me best.

https://www.mbacrystalball.com/ is run primarily by 2 guys Sameer Kamat and Manish Gupta. Both of them are extremely helpful and relate to your profile more than you yourself can do so.

I am still in the process of applications and before starting this process I underwent a Mock Application Process popularly known as MAP https://www.mbacrystalball.com/mba-profile-evaluation with Sameer. I must say that this is a very unique process in that it prepares you for the next steps, helps you identify and lock your target schools, pinpoints your weaknesses and strengths, helps you understand the perspective of AdComs, acts as a perfect pedestal for your essays and interviews, opens up your mind for "Why MBA", and channels your thoughts in the right direction.

In a nutshell I would say that MAP is super-unique and brings you closer to your target. It is completely driven by the candidate himself and Sameer, whose inputs are simply invaluable.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have anyone used accepted.com before?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GPA: 4
WE:Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Send PM
Does anyone have any experience with mba admit? I am thinking about using them as I have signed up with a local admissions company for some face to face experience but my experience has not been the best so far. My consultant was not really helpful in brainstorming with me or deciding on a strategy but instead I feel left to my own devices. I really need some urgent advice and a good admissions consultant as I have already paid for 4 schools but not sure if I will use them.
Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
This discussion is now locked and is not accepting any new posts or reviews. Please continue in the next year's discussion here:
best-admissions-consulting-companies-2015-season-190156.html

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tl;dr - Esther and Faisal from MBAPrepSchool were great! Admits to MIT Sloan and NYU Stern.

I considered a number of consultants prior to partnering with Esther and Faisal from MBAPrepSchool. From our first conversation it was clear that Esther is someone who genuinely cares about her clients’ success and has the skill set to push them to deliver the best and most genuine stories about themselves. I knew that I would need to deliver a refined narrative on my application to find success given that I came from a non-traditional background without a well-known employer on my resume.

What I especially appreciate is that Esther and Faisal do not impose their idea of what the perfect story is for you, but challenge you to figure it out yourself. This is valuable not only for the application and admissions interviews but also for future career discussions. I was able to authentically and articulately convey my story to other students and admissions staff.

Esther and Faisal were also accommodating to my tight timeline. We completed the entire process in just a few short weeks. They were both very responsive to my questions and ready to talk at any time. I strongly recommend Esther and Faisal to anyone who is looking for an MBA consulting team.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
This discussion is currently locked. For the latest discussion, please see the 2015 and 2016 discussions:
best-admissions-consulting-companies-2016-season-205934.html
best-admissions-consulting-companies-190156.html
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2