Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 13:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Best B-school options for younger students?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 6

Best B-school options for younger students? [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2010, 08:08
Hi,

Can anyone suggest what would be the best options for younger students (24 - 26 yrs, 3 - 4 yrs work exp) in the USA?
I know there are lot of other parameters that goes in to take such decisions. But I'm asking this more as to prepare a laundry list of such B-schools that are quite open to accept such younger candidates.

Thanks in advance.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 89 [0], given: 3439

GMAT Tests User
Re: Best B-school options for younger students? [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2010, 09:08
Rather than rely on stereotypes here, I think one way to get some decent info about this would be to head over to the BusinessWeek Business School section and to click through the profiles for each school. (Link: http://tools.businessweek.com/BSchool_Comparator/ ) On the first page, if you scroll down, you'll see average age and/or average months of work experience (in some cases, lower and upper deciles, too) of the latest admitted class (2011 grad year). If you pull that into a chart in Excel, you'll get a decent picture of which schools were friendlier to younger applicants in the last admissions cycle (before this year's). The flip side of this method is that you wouldn't know how many students of a given age applied to the school in the first place -- so the age ranges could be a function of who would like to attend the school more than who the adcom prefers. There's probably a little of both involved.

In general, though, most, if not all, adcoms will encourage younger applicants to apply but may have specific instructions for younger applicants in terms of how to best present themselves (Chicago Booth, for example, has very specific recommendations for younger applicants on their prospective students' website).

All that said, I do believe Harvard and Stanford have notably younger admitted students than most of the other top 10-20.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 6

Re: Best B-school options for younger students? [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2010, 10:57
Hey thanx a lot.
Re: Best B-school options for younger students?   [#permalink] 07 Jun 2010, 10:57