Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 09:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
27 KUDOS received
Followers: 276

Kudos [?]: 2336 [27] , given: 693

Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 04:36
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi Guys.

This post is conceived by me to give to the rest of us valuable on-line resources outside of GMAT Club to tackle the verbal section or at least in my intention to improve and foster this part of the GMAT exam.

These links are also used by me to practice, practice and once again practice. To make a long story short: the use of them should lead you to use official resources as last stage of your preparation. This thread is a sort of roadmap but they do not substitute in any case OG material, of course. In the end, the aim is to give you possible alternative resources, perhaps that you do not know.

General GMAT Links

CR Links

SC Links

RC links

AWA Sample Essays

Tests/Question Bank

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

Last edited by carcass on 31 Jul 2014, 01:32, edited 10 times in total.
Formatting
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 16

Re: Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 13:03
Hi Carcass,

Really good post.
I'm in the final stage of my studies and trying to solve as many 700 level CR/SC questions as possible.

Also when shall i use the GMAT prep pack1 and GMAT prep tests. I have loads of other tests: MGMAT, KAPLAN, 800score, Mastergmat etc

Can you please suggest me how to use this stuff.. which i can skip and which i take immediately.

Best Regards,
Mansoor
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 2336 [1] , given: 693

Re: Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 13:14
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
mansoorfarooqui wrote:
Hi Carcass,

Really good post.
I'm in the final stage of my studies and trying to solve as many 700 level CR/SC questions as possible.

Also when shall i use the GMAT prep pack1 and GMAT prep tests. I have loads of other tests: MGMAT, KAPLAN, 800score, Mastergmat etc

Can you please suggest me how to use this stuff.. which i can skip and which i take immediately.

Best Regards,
Mansoor

do not like 800 score verbal (math is much better) at all

kaplan mastergmat untill 650 or so

MGAMT and if you find on google or scribd SC topic wise by Ivy gmat or this link here on gmatclub from question bank search.php?search_id=tag&tag_id=172 or the general bank about any kind of question viewforumtags.php for 650 and above (and below)

Then go for OG 12 13 gmat prep and question pack . if is not enough go for the set from souvik that contains questions from gmat prep but after this one to revisit the concepts behind, not before otherwise your test is biased

the-most-comprehensive-collection-of-everything-official-sc-140372.html

In the case of gmat "curiosity didn't kill the CAT " :D

COLLECTION OF QUESTIONS
Quant: 1. Bunuel Signature Collection - The Next Generation 2. Bunuel Signature Collection ALL-IN-ONE WITH SOLUTIONS 3. Veritas Prep Blog PDF Version
Verbal:1. Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section 2. e-GMAT's ALL CR topics-Consolidated 3. New Critical Reasoning question bank by carcass 4. Meaning/Clarity SC Question Bank by Carcass_Souvik 5. e-GMAT's ALL SC topics-Consolidated-2nd Edition 6. The best reading to improve Reading Comprehension 7.Verbal question bank and Directories

Expert Post
Verbal Forum Moderator
Verbal Forum Moderator
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GPA: 3.75
Followers: 127

Kudos [?]: 601 [0], given: 62

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 19:36
Expert's post
Great job Carcass. Didn't notice it previously. Keep up the good work.
+1 given :wink:

Prepositional Phrases Clarified|Elimination of BEING| Absolute Phrases Clarified
Rules For Posting
www.Univ-Scholarships.com

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 16

Re: Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section [#permalink] New post 04 Jan 2013, 22:47
This post received
KUDOS
thanks a lot Carcass!!

I also felt that Mastergmat SC is not upto the mark and i queried them but they say that recently they have added 120 tough questions and that the material is sufficient to get past 700 easily.

Anyways, im keeping all options open. I'm practicing 700 questions on GMC as well and supplement it with OG verbal review 2. Then as you have suggested.. MGMAT tests n GMAT Prep.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 560 Q36 V34
GPA: 3.1
WE: Sales (Transportation)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 85

Re: Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2013, 09:39
Thanks, man; I really feel the club needs something more as far as verbal practicing is concerned.

"The Burnout" - My Debrief

Kudos if I helped you ;)

Andy

Expert Post

Kudos [?]: 2336 [0], given: 693

Re: Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 17:38
Expert's post
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q47 V42
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 21 [1] , given: 16

Re: Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2013, 07:26
This post received
KUDOS
Hi carcass. I am new to this forum and currently following this forum and suggestion from you ppl closely for verbal as I am a non native..... Since you asked about our opinion so here I will try to review the links The question banks of sc and cr are good but I guess the question levels are of 650 as not many hard questions are in the links ..... I have not gone thru a lot of RC links... Only a few but I guess I can safely say the same for them too.............. Jumbo material ..... Forget it...... The best of the links is veritas free question bank..... The questions are of good quality and moreover they are quite similar to the manhattan material so I like them as I know that the material from manhattan is considered one of the best.......
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 48 [1] , given: 9

Re: Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2013, 09:44
This post received
KUDOS
Excellent collection of resources, carcass.

Verbal has always been a pain area for most non-natives. So this should help a lot of folks.

+1 for this post.

Sameer Kamat | Founder - MBA Crystal Ball | Email: info at mbacrystalball dot com

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 185 [2] , given: 66

Re: Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2013, 10:26
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Resources like this are great! Thanks!

Ron Awad
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses and Admissions Consulting Services
Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 2336 [1] , given: 693

Re: Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 03:11
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2013, 23:30
students pay a lot of money to prepare for the GMAT test. If a teacher or coach can help you overcome the weaknesses of the method proved to perform well in GMAT is a GMAT practice! GMAT practice again and again! GMAT more you practice, the better prepared you are!
Expert Post

Kudos [?]: 2336 [0], given: 693

Re: Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2013, 09:26
Expert's post
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 14

Re: Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2013, 23:57
This post received
KUDOS
[quote="carcass"]Hi Guys.

Thanks carcass..this is a really helpful post

CLICK +1 KUDOS PLEASE IF MY POST HELPED

CHEERS

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.51

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2013, 13:15
This post received
KUDOS
Great post.. I consider verbal to be the hardest part. I hope this helps
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2013, 23:12
i am satisfy to you.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 155 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2014, 00:44
Hi,

You may also use edprep.in to learn vocabulary using Mnemonics.

Regards,

My posts: Solving Inequalities, Solving Simultaneous equations, Divisibility Rules

My story: 640 What a blunder!

Vocabulary resource: EdPrep

Facebook page: fb.com/EdPrep

Re: Best EXTERNAL resources to tackle the GMAT Verbal Section   [#permalink] 14 Jun 2014, 00:44