Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 21:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Best Forum Posts July 12, 2012

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
GMAT Club team member
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 10

Best Forum Posts July 12, 2012 [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2012, 10:09

This Week's TOP GMAT Forum Topics

• Next Generation GMAT - 800 (Long Debrief): GMAT Club member NonYankee does the unthinkable. "I raised my hand to be dismissed and shakily walked with Vladislav to his station, where he printed out my unofficial score report and scanned my palm one last time. He said it was the first time in two years that he'd seen a perfect score."

• My GMAT journey (2 months prep) and Result (760, Q50, V44): From GMAT Club member Caps07 "I am pleased to share my GMAT experience and hopefully somone will find useful information here as I found from a lot of debriefs in this forum."

• Total 770 but expecting horrible IR score: Parthdalmia asks "I got a 770/800 BUT I screwed up my IR big time. I'm pretty sure that I won't get more than 2/3 correct out of the 12 questions and hence I'm expecting a very low IR score. People have told me that since IR is a new section, its score won't matter much. But what if it's a devastating score? Will my 770 go in vain?"

GMAT Club Special Section - The Verbal Advantage

• Usage of "Verb-ing Modifiers": Part 2: In this article we will explain the function of the verb-ing modifier when the modifier is placed after the clause and is NOT preceded by a comma.

• How to Read a Reading Comp Passage: In honor of "RC Week" we've got an article today on reading – specifically, what to do and look for during the initial few minutes after a RC passage pops up on the screen.

• How to improve verbal to 40+?: Help Mnuma87 with improving their verbal score. Or, see what other GMAT Club members have suggested!

This Week's TOP MBA Forum Topics

• Comprehensive B-School Research Google Doc: Club member AgadorShummy has compiled "all sorts of criteria, deadlines, essay prompts, etc." into a document for everyone's benefit. Let them know if it's helpful!

• Should you shoot for valedictorian?: GMAT Club member BAMBAMBAM wants valedictorian in their MBA program. Is that the best goal or use of time during MBA studies?

• Taking a new job before going to school?: GMAT Club member hfbamafan asks "I was recently laid off and looking for a new job, and I am also pursuing a full time MBA. Is it bad if I work for a company until I school starts next fall, is that seen as rude?"

• Any advantage to applying well before R1 deadline?: From GMAT Club member machichi: " I am planning on applying R1 to a bunch of programs and think I could be done with a couple of schools in September. Obviously I will submit them to prevent myself from agonizing over every comma, but do they hold off looking at applications until the round closes? "

• How to Discuss Leadership if You've Never Led a Team: Dr. Shelly Watts explains some strategies to those who are concerned about their lack of formal leadership experience and their MBA Applications.

Want to get these via email? Subscribe to GMAT Club Newsletter!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Best Forum Posts July 12, 2012   [#permalink] 16 Jul 2012, 10:09