Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:26 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 308 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT Date: 12-27-2011
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
WE 1: SAP Consulting
Send PM
Re: Best GMAT Books [#permalink]
Is there any overlap of questions in The Official Guide For GMAT Review, Official Guide For GMAT Quantitative Review, Official Guide For GMAT Verbal Review ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I am new here and new to GMAT. Still navigating this site but already found the tonnes of useful tips and info.

I have just purchase used books - Official GMAT Guide 12ed, Official Quant review 1ed and Official Verbal review 1ed. Likely to also get the Manhattan guides too.

Just these are enough to take up a good amt of space on my table!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Thank you for this informative post.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I like to collect a few from these collection.
Would you please inform, how can I get these?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance
Schools:LBS, Oxford
 Q50  V42
Send PM
dkj1984 wrote:
bb wrote:
dkj1984 wrote:
[color=#000040]Hi,

I have no idea from where can I get the MGMAT RC book in India ...

Thanks!

check flipkart.com

they are good, reliable and they offer handsome discounts
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks a lot ! this is very nice post ^ ^
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi ,
I am a GMAT newbie.

I started with the idea of studying again only last week,enquired with universities and just started researching on GMAT yesterday night.

If there is one source that has proved most invaluable to me in kickstarting my preparation as far as preparatory materials are concerned, its this source. so i will remember this thread for long.

So far i have got the OG 12 th edition,Manhattan 8 set.

i want to enquire if OG verbal and quant are really required? or for that matter kaplan's math/verbal workbook to the premier cd?

i am planning 2 month preparation for a sept 15-20 CBT making use of kaplan,manhattan and OG. Is this sufficient preparation for someone aiming for high scores typically?

i didn't understand the power score part. where would powerscore guides be required?

since i am going for the CBT, i don't have to bother about test simulation book let?

Also i checked the practice scores links.Most sources have only one or two free tests. i was planning a series of tests in the last 25 days (like the ets gre tests of old).

is there a single test that offers plenty of practise tests? liek the gmat of the past? or is it all covered by the OG?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72871 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
You should be good with the materials you have. Start working through the 8 MGMAT Guides; they come with 6 online cat tests - those should be good. Get GMATPrep as well and you should be fine.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks.

I found info earlier in the thread there is no overlap between OG and OG verbal/quant. is the kaplan verbal or math workbook different enough from the premiere to require seperate purchase? or premiere is the one you recommend? hope to purchase it today based on the input.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 566 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
wbsat wrote:
Thanks.

I found info earlier in the thread there is no overlap between OG and OG verbal/quant. is the kaplan verbal or math workbook different enough from the premiere to require seperate purchase? or premiere is the one you recommend? hope to purchase it today based on the input.

I have both Kaplan workbooks and Premier 2010 and yes I did find some overlap( around 30-40%)
Though Kaplan 800 has some real good questions
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kaplan 800 is included in the premiere or you are talking the 2008-09 edition? what are the material included in the premiere.

so i guess that the kaplan work books will give me some extra preparation atleast.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Other)
Send PM
I think Aristole SC Grail should get the place in the standard plan and Wren & Martin in the comprehensive plan ...just my 2 cents..
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I am new to GMATClub. I want to start my GMAT Preparation ASAP so I did research through many posts in this forum to find out the best books for GMAT. Looks like, most of the GMAT aspirants mentioned the following books with good reviews:

OG 12th edition
OG Quant review
OG Verbal Review
All MGMAT Books (8 books I guess)
Aristotle SC Grail, Aristotle RC 99.
PowerScore CR Bible
GMATClub Tests (Especially Quant)

So I am looking to buy these books. If anybody, who has done with GMAT test, is willing sell these used ones please let me know. Either reply to this or PM me.

Thanks,
Sudheer
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
Schools: Rotman '15 Ivey
GMAT Date: 03-28-2012
GPA: 2.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
Currently just starting some general overview, test is scheduled for December 15th, so i'm planning on starting my full schedule September 14th, Currently rockin the Princeton Review: Cracking the GMAT 2012 (Though I haven't read anything from this one yet) and Kaplan Strategies, Practice, and Review 2012 (Basically the Premiere but stripped down without as many features), which I have been reading as my first bit of foundation. Currently thinking of what books I will need to purchase prior to September 14th. Any advice on what's good? From what I can gather the MGMAT series is going to be a must have, so the OG, OG Verbal, OG Math, and 8 MGMAT guides.

Besides this I have only decided on "Doing Grammar - Max Morenberg"
I am willing to do whatever it takes to get a 700+ on this test and am looking for any other advice :) thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.62
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
I'm about to start my GMAT prep. I have 7-8 months to prepare for the test (I'm aiming at international top-10 and want to take the test BEFORE the next-gen GMAT comes out in June 2012). According to your comments, the MGMAT bundle + OGs are the way to go. I'm planning on going through this material up until the end of this year.

That being said, I have two questions:
1) Would it make sense to take Kaplan's (only the Advantage course is avl. where I live) on-site course after I've gone through MGMAT's material? I've been saving money for a while now and I'm willing to invest as much as needed to get a high score, but it is one thing to invest and quite another to throw money and time away.

2) Since my aim is to send my application on Q3 2012, am I choosing right by taking the test before the next-gen GMAT comes out?

Thanks in advance!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Dear bb,
Dear members,

thank you very much for the helpful information in this forum.

I am starting my GMAT preparation this month, so, as many athors, I wanted to get your responce regarding the most appropriate books. But right at the beginning - Can anyone provide us with a little information concerning the changes in the exam format, planned for June 2012? Is it going to change dramatically?

After reading many posts, I settled down to the following books:
Entire MGMAT Preparation package - 8
OG 12, OG Quant, OG Verbal
PowerScore CR Bible

Would you add something - especially from the Kaplan package, which is to contain more practice questions? And generally, which is the best book providing test exams?
Are there any plans for some of the above-mentioned book to be newly issued in the comming months?

Thanks in advance!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 106 [0]
Given Kudos: 916
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V44
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Thanks nphealan! The post is really informative! According to your info the change won't be significant, nevertheless I will try to meet me target score before June 2012 ;)

Can you give your comments on my question.
After reading many posts, I settled down to the following books:
Entire MGMAT Preparation package - 8 (prior to first CAT)
OG 12, OG Quant, OG Verbal
PowerScore CR Bible

Would you add something - especially from the Kaplan package, which is to contain more practice questions? And generally, which is the best book providing test exams?
Are there any plans for some of the above-mentioned book to be newly issued in the comming months?

Thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18