Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64916 [0]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Best Gmat practice CAT tests [#permalink]
pranks12 wrote:
Hi

I am preparing for gmat and looking for practice CAT tests but want something which has-high difficulty level , 6-9 tests , and includes additional practice questions . It will be great if somebody can suggest me the best package .

regards
Priyanka

hi priyanka
you can buy kaplan gmat premiere book,you will get 7 practice tests and access to the online tool which has lot of extra question(tough questions)
regards,
Apurva
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 2583 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Expert Reply
You will find that all test prep companies have exams that suit your stated needs. There is benefit in using the exams from whatever prep program you have used up to this point. For example, our tests will provide diagnostics that show you your areas of weakness, which map back to our strategy guides.

Be sure to take advantage of the GMAT Prep exams as well because they will be the most representative of the real exam.

It would be interesting to have some non-experts comment about their experiences/preferences regarding exam sources...

KW
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2588 [0]
Given Kudos: 567
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
KyleWiddison wrote:
You will find that all test prep companies have exams that suit your stated needs. There is benefit in using the exams from whatever prep program you have used up to this point. For example, our tests will provide diagnostics that show you your areas of weakness, which map back to our strategy guides.

Be sure to take advantage of the GMAT Prep exams as well because they will be the most representative of the real exam.

It would be interesting to have some non-experts comment about their experiences/preferences regarding exam sources...

KW

I have my own reservations about GMAT Prep Exam pack 1.

My mock score before I took GMAT was 690 - 760 - MGMT Mocks 1 - 740, 2 - 690, 3 - 690.

Then I took GMAT Prep Exam Pack 1 - Mock 3 - 730 (50/39) and Mock 4 - 720 (49/39)

Mock 3 - 3 days before the exam and mock 4 - one day before the exam.

I scored in GMAT exam - 680 (49/32).

Major differences I found in the passage length. I normally have to hurry towards the end as I take things slow at the beginning. I got a long passage as my 4th passage and I got Bold faced as 21st Question. I somehow feel as if I didn't answer the RC correctly to score low as 32. In GMAT Prep mocks, I have never seen such a long passage.

Anyway gearing for 3rd Time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Is there anything that comes free? Any free worksheets for GMAT preparations?
Send PM
Expert Reply
ralphhardie wrote:

There are lots of free resources available to you. The first 2 GMAT Prep exams are free to you and lots of prep companies will provide a free exam when you create an account. I'm sure there are other free resources you can tap into as well...

KW
Send PM
Expert Reply
kinjiGC wrote:

I have my own reservations about GMAT Prep Exam pack 1.

My mock score before I took GMAT was 690 - 760 - MGMT Mocks 1 - 740, 2 - 690, 3 - 690.

Then I took GMAT Prep Exam Pack 1 - Mock 3 - 730 (50/39) and Mock 4 - 720 (49/39)

Mock 3 - 3 days before the exam and mock 4 - one day before the exam.

I scored in GMAT exam - 680 (49/32).

Major differences I found in the passage length. I normally have to hurry towards the end as I take things slow at the beginning. I got a long passage as my 4th passage and I got Bold faced as 21st Question. I somehow feel as if I didn't answer the RC correctly to score low as 32. In GMAT Prep mocks, I have never seen such a long passage.

Anyway gearing for 3rd Time.

Yeah - timing is a major issue on the GMAT, and I always recommend that students maintain consistent timing throughout the test - you really don't want to plan to rush through the last few questions. You also have the experimental questions that show up on the real exam but not in the practice exams that create a slightly different experience on test day.

KW
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64916 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
ralphhardie wrote:

Yes, try out our free question bank here: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#-question-bank/

Also, most test prep companies provide one free practice test. Here is a link to ours: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/free-gm ... tice-test/

One of our video lessons and one of our books (DS) is also available free of cost here: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/
(Scroll down to the end of the page)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 346 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
I would rank the test packages in the following manner

1. GMAT prep
2. MG test
3. GMAT Club tests
4. Kaplan tests
5. Princeton tests
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
ralphhardie wrote:

Yes, try out our free question bank here: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#-question-bank/

Also, most test prep companies provide one free practice test. Here is a link to ours: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/free-gm ... tice-test/

One of our video lessons and one of our books (DS) is also available free of cost here: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/

Hi Karishma,
Can you give some details on whether free CAT's are available wd the purchase of Veritas study material or not ??
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ralphhardie wrote:

I think many GMAT groups provide free tests , check out the link

all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html
Manager
Manager
Send PM
apurva28 wrote:
pranks12 wrote:
Hi

I am preparing for gmat and looking for practice CAT tests but want something which has-high difficulty level , 6-9 tests , and includes additional practice questions . It will be great if somebody can suggest me the best package .

regards
Priyanka

hi priyanka
you can buy kaplan gmat premiere book,you will get 7 practice tests and access to the online tool which has lot of extra question(tough questions)
regards,
Apurva

It's 6 practice tests i suppose :?: :?:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2588 [0]
Given Kudos: 567
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
If you want to practice mocks:

1) GMAT Prep
2) VeritasPrep
2) MGMT mocks
3) Magoosh Mocks

rest are meaning less.
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64916 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
apoorv601 wrote:
VeritasPrepKarishma wrote:
ralphhardie wrote:

Hi Karishma,
Can you give some details on whether free CAT's are available wd the purchase of Veritas study material or not ??

No, you do not get the practice test access with the study material. However, you do have access to one free practice test.
Check here: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/free-gm ... tice-test/
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks Karishma,

i will check it out for sure!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Send PM
pranks12 wrote:
Hi

regards
Priyanka

Hey pranks12

You can find several questions here on our practice question platform: https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test/

You can also take a free GMAT PILL practice test here complete with detailed performance and timing analytics: https://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-t ... ctice-test
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Send PM
IMO,

GMAT PREP highly recomend purchasing exam pack
Veritas-Verbal*
MGMAT
GMATCLUB-Quant*
KAPLAN
800 Score

Veritas and GMAT Prep were closest to my GMAT Score.
GMAT Club Bot