Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 14:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Best Gmat practice CAT tests

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

CAT Tests
Best Gmat practice CAT tests [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 09:04
Hi

I am preparing for gmat and looking for practice CAT tests but want something which has-high difficulty level , 6-9 tests , and includes additional practice questions . It will be great if somebody can suggest me the best package .

regards
Priyanka
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Premium Member
Re: Best Gmat practice CAT tests [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 09:18
Expert's post
Hi Priyanka,

I would recommend checking on Economist GMAT Tutor. Our Ultimate Prep Plan comes with 6 adaptive GMAT practice tests. You can also sign up for a free 7-day trial to get 1 exam free.

Check us out at http://gmat.economist.com

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Liz
http://econgm.at/KvjVSi
Economist GMAT Tutor
(866) 292-0660

Expert Post
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1030

Kudos [?]: 4488 [0], given: 162

Re: Best Gmat practice CAT tests [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2014, 19:25
Expert's post
pranks12 wrote:
Hi

I am preparing for gmat and looking for practice CAT tests but want something which has-high difficulty level , 6-9 tests , and includes additional practice questions . It will be great if somebody can suggest me the best package .

regards
Priyanka

You should take our free practice test first (http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/free-gm ... tice-test/). We keep the level of the test as close to the level of the actual test as possible but if we do err, we prefer to err on the side of more difficult. Thereafter, you can buy 5 additional practice tests.
Our practice tests are built on a platform that employs Item Response Theory (IRT), the same system underlying the real GMAT. Unlike more basic approaches that simply count correct and incorrect responses and then generate a score, IRT recognizes that no two GMAT questions are exactly the same. What question you receive at any given point on a test will be dictated by how well you have performed up to that point, and how you answer that question will impact your ability estimate and help determine which question you see next. The system also takes “content balancing” into account, ensuring that you see a mix of question types that are representative of what you will see on the real GMAT, all while gathering as much information about your ability level as possible.

You will also get access to our free question bank which has hundreds of additional realistic GMAT questions.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Best Gmat practice CAT tests [#permalink] New post 22 May 2014, 01:15
pranks12 wrote:
Hi

regards
Priyanka

hi priyanka
you can buy kaplan gmat premiere book,you will get 7 practice tests and access to the online tool which has lot of extra question(tough questions)
regards,
Apurva
Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 199

Kudos [?]: 281 [0], given: 5

Re: Best Gmat practice CAT tests [#permalink] New post 23 May 2014, 09:52
Expert's post
You will find that all test prep companies have exams that suit your stated needs. There is benefit in using the exams from whatever prep program you have used up to this point. For example, our tests will provide diagnostics that show you your areas of weakness, which map back to our strategy guides.

Be sure to take advantage of the GMAT Prep exams as well because they will be the most representative of the real exam.

It would be interesting to have some non-experts comment about their experiences/preferences regarding exam sources...

KW

Kyle Widdison | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | Utah

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 240

CAT Tests
Re: Best Gmat practice CAT tests [#permalink] New post 24 May 2014, 10:39
KyleWiddison wrote:
You will find that all test prep companies have exams that suit your stated needs. There is benefit in using the exams from whatever prep program you have used up to this point. For example, our tests will provide diagnostics that show you your areas of weakness, which map back to our strategy guides.

Be sure to take advantage of the GMAT Prep exams as well because they will be the most representative of the real exam.

It would be interesting to have some non-experts comment about their experiences/preferences regarding exam sources...

KW

I have my own reservations about GMAT Prep Exam pack 1.

My mock score before I took GMAT was 690 - 760 - MGMT Mocks 1 - 740, 2 - 690, 3 - 690.

Then I took GMAT Prep Exam Pack 1 - Mock 3 - 730 (50/39) and Mock 4 - 720 (49/39)

Mock 3 - 3 days before the exam and mock 4 - one day before the exam.

I scored in GMAT exam - 680 (49/32).

Major differences I found in the passage length. I normally have to hurry towards the end as I take things slow at the beginning. I got a long passage as my 4th passage and I got Bold faced as 21st Question. I somehow feel as if I didn't answer the RC correctly to score low as 32. In GMAT Prep mocks, I have never seen such a long passage.

Anyway gearing for 3rd Time.

Thanks,
Kinjal
Never Give Up !!!

Please click on Kudos, if you think the post is helpful

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Best Gmat practice CAT tests [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2014, 03:04
Is there anything that comes free? Any free worksheets for GMAT preparations?
Expert Post

Re: Best Gmat practice CAT tests [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2014, 09:35
Expert's post
ralphhardie wrote:

There are lots of free resources available to you. The first 2 GMAT Prep exams are free to you and lots of prep companies will provide a free exam when you create an account. I'm sure there are other free resources you can tap into as well...

KW

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Expert Post

Re: Best Gmat practice CAT tests [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2014, 09:37
Expert's post
kinjiGC wrote:

I have my own reservations about GMAT Prep Exam pack 1.

My mock score before I took GMAT was 690 - 760 - MGMT Mocks 1 - 740, 2 - 690, 3 - 690.

Then I took GMAT Prep Exam Pack 1 - Mock 3 - 730 (50/39) and Mock 4 - 720 (49/39)

Mock 3 - 3 days before the exam and mock 4 - one day before the exam.

I scored in GMAT exam - 680 (49/32).

Major differences I found in the passage length. I normally have to hurry towards the end as I take things slow at the beginning. I got a long passage as my 4th passage and I got Bold faced as 21st Question. I somehow feel as if I didn't answer the RC correctly to score low as 32. In GMAT Prep mocks, I have never seen such a long passage.

Anyway gearing for 3rd Time.

Yeah - timing is a major issue on the GMAT, and I always recommend that students maintain consistent timing throughout the test - you really don't want to plan to rush through the last few questions. You also have the experimental questions that show up on the real exam but not in the practice exams that create a slightly different experience on test day.

KW

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1030

Kudos [?]: 4488 [1] , given: 162

Re: Best Gmat practice CAT tests [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2014, 20:04
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
ralphhardie wrote:

Yes, try out our free question bank here: http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat-question-bank/

Also, most test prep companies provide one free practice test. Here is a link to ours: http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/free-gm ... tice-test/

One of our video lessons and one of our books (DS) is also available free of cost here: http://www.veritasprep.com/gmat/
(Scroll down to the end of the page)

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Best Gmat practice CAT tests   [#permalink] 26 Jun 2014, 20:04