Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 05:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Best MBA for Marketing

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Best MBA for Marketing [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 20:53
Hello
I'm preparing to apply to an MBA school. I've searched information about the top 15 mba programs (I'ts hard for me to go to the school and look for information there since I live in south america), and I can't clearly state which are the best for Marketing.
All my professional experience is in retail, I started in a department store as a demand planner and two years after I was hired as a product manager (buyer) in a new department store in which I've worked for the last three years (the company is 3.5 years old). I really like my career and I really want to continue in this path so it's important for me to end up in the right mba (not necessary one that is in the top 10 but one that best suits my needs)
I hope you can help me with this, I plan to apply in september 2012. I already took the GMAT and got 700 so I'm now obsessed on preparing the best application I can and I'll will really like to focus on a couple of schools.
Thanks in advance.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.45
WE: General Management (Law)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: Best MBA for Marketing [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 23:31
gfacho wrote:
Hello
I'm preparing to apply to an MBA school. I've searched information about the top 15 mba programs (I'ts hard for me to go to the school and look for information there since I live in south america), and I can't clearly state which are the best for Marketing.
All my professional experience is in retail, I started in a department store as a demand planner and two years after I was hired as a product manager (buyer) in a new department store in which I've worked for the last three years (the company is 3.5 years old). I really like my career and I really want to continue in this path so it's important for me to end up in the right mba (not necessary one that is in the top 10 but one that best suits my needs)
I hope you can help me with this, I plan to apply in september 2012. I already took the GMAT and got 700 so I'm now obsessed on preparing the best application I can and I'll will really like to focus on a couple of schools.
Thanks in advance.

Arguably Kellog at Northwestern is the best.

Feel free to read about my progress

http://20somethingsmba.blogspot.com/

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: Best MBA for Marketing [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 09:01
sometimesitsnows01 wrote:
Arguably Kellog at Northwestern is the best.

What would people on another side of that argument say?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 2

Re: Best MBA for Marketing [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 09:05
I have heard great things about Kelley's marketing program as well. I only know schools in the Midwest, but if Kellogg is #1 here, Kelley is #2.
Tuck Thread Master
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V46
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.49
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 85

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Best MBA for Marketing [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 09:10
What, exactly, would you like to do?

If you're going back to your company post-MBA, you're right, "rankings" really don't matter.

Try to find professors that are focused on the same type of marketing/field you're interested in. A school may be "#1 in Marketing" but I think there's a heavy focus on CPG. It looks like you're more interested in the retail side of things.

Glad I Retook: 730 (Q44 V46) to 760 (Q50 V44)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Best MBA for Marketing [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2012, 21:27
faro wrote:
What, exactly, would you like to do?

If you're going back to your company post-MBA, you're right, "rankings" really don't matter.

Try to find professors that are focused on the same type of marketing/field you're interested in. A school may be "#1 in Marketing" but I think there's a heavy focus on CPG. It looks like you're more interested in the retail side of things.

Thank you all for your time and advice, I would like to go back to the same company but I don't think they'll hold the position for me so I'll have to wait and see...
You are right faro I'm more interested in the retail side and I'm sure that with the right MBA I'll have a lot of chances of getting a good job when I come back.
Thanks again, I'll research the teachers and take a double look at Kellog as faro and sometimes kindly suggested.

Besides those two schools does any other name come across your minds?
Re: Best MBA for Marketing   [#permalink] 26 Jan 2012, 21:27