Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 13:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

best mba programs for healthcare management

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

best mba programs for healthcare management [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2007, 05:25
I am wondering what are the top 5 or so schools for healthcare management. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: best mba programs for healthcare management [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2007, 15:04
rajpdsouza wrote:
I am wondering what are the top 5 or so schools for healthcare management. Thanks!

I am intrigued by your question. What kind of career or jobs you are looking to get through this program?

BTW, both Duke and Kellogg have good health care management programs.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: best mba programs for healthcare management [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2007, 04:52
english_august wrote:
I am intrigued by your question. What kind of career or jobs you are looking to get through this program?

BTW, both Duke and Kellogg have good health care management programs.

My parents started a Healthcare Management company in 1989 that has grown from just one client to over 100 clients. I've been working at the company, gaining more and more responsibilities with each year. With the new responsibilites, I have also learned so much about the "struggle triangle" that goes on between patients, doctors, and insurance companies.

Anyways, since I've been so immersed in the field (and enjoy it) it seems like a very good fit to continue down this path. I would love to do consulting for HMOs, insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, etc.

I've also read that Wharton (Healthcare Management) and Columbia (Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Management) have programs. Has anyone gone through either of these programs, Duke or Kellogg, or any other MBA program specializing in Healthcare management? Thanks!
Re: best mba programs for healthcare management   [#permalink] 27 Jul 2007, 04:52