Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 09:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Best Online GMAT Prep Course

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Best Online GMAT Prep Course [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2006, 13:58
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to sign up for an online prep course. Is there any one you would recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2006, 17:42
this site supports GMAXonline... I have no association with either, except as a student of GMAT, but I found it useful... it is A LOT of homework and A LOT of studying, but very clearly explained. I found their SC particularly useful. You will be working closely with OG, which is the best part, so it isn't like you are wasting your time just on lectures and h/w from unofficial source.

http://www.gmaxonline.com

if you have :?: I will be happy to answer!

PS the additional value here is the access to all of the math challenges of this website :P
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2006, 21:22
I agree with u2lover. GmaxOnline is very extensive and helpful course. I really think it is definitely the best among its rivals. But do not be fooled, no course in the world will get you anywhere close to 700. Even if you do all the homework it gives you and properly understand every principle it teaches you.. To break 700 you will have to work alone significantly more then you did on the course.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 256

Kudos [?]: 1580 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2006, 04:15
Manhattan proponent here.

Their courses are taught via webex, which is nice - you get video and audio of the professor.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2006, 08:34
"But do not be fooled, no course in the world will get you anywhere close to 700."

While I agree that you have to do the bulk of the work yourself to make your score happen, I totally disagree that a course can't significantly contribute to a 700+ score. I think a classroom course would be more likely to do that for people who learn better in a class setting than they do with self-paced prep, but courses can definitely make a difference.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2006, 16:01
thanks...the GMAT club is always so helpful! :-D

i will definitely take a look at gmaxonline and manhattan.

what other online courses are there to check out? i know of princeton review, kaplan, testmasters....am i missing anything?

thanks again!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2006, 21:38
Cashmere wrote:
"But do not be fooled, no course in the world will get you anywhere close to 700."

While I agree that you have to do the bulk of the work yourself to make your score happen, I totally disagree that a course can't significantly contribute to a 700+ score. I think a classroom course would be more likely to do that for people who learn better in a class setting than they do with self-paced prep, but courses can definitely make a difference.

Definitely, that is exactly what I said. I did never assert that these courses are useless. No, they are incredibly helpfull and can really improve your performance. But if you aim for 7+ , the course by itself is definitely not enough.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2006, 12:18
I haven't taken an online course but did the demo for Princeton Review's online course, and it was actually pretty cool (plus you then get a free CAT to take).
Manager
Manager

Manhattan Review [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2006, 17:10
Yeah I agree with the guy that said Manhattan Review is great. I took one of their classes, in person, and went from 620 practice to 740 on the GMAT that I took about a month ago. They have online courses (which they pushed too because it's a 1.5 hr commute to NYC where the courses were).

But DEFINITELY study on your own. There is no way to get a 700+ just by going to class. You've got to put yourself into it and be committed. Self-study is ESSENTIAL.
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 295

Kudos [?]: 695 [0], given: 6

Re: Best Online GMAT Prep Course [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2012, 12:09
Expert's post
Re: Best Online GMAT Prep Course   [#permalink] 27 Jan 2012, 12:09