Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 21:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Best Part Time Program in the Bay Area?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Best Part Time Program in the Bay Area? [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2009, 17:40
Hi, I'm wondering if you can give me some insight to the best part time programs in the Bay Area, after Haas. I have an acceptance to Stern but due to personal circumstances may be relocating to the Bay Area in the next few months. It will kill me to walk away from NYU but I know there are good programs to be had in SF/Berkeley/Oakland as well. Can someone familiar with the area give me a high level overview of my options? Thanks.

ETA: I'll be doing a concentration in Finance, if that matters. And I'm looking only at part time, not EMBA or full time. Weekends only if it's an option, but Nights will work too. Thx.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
WE 1: Investment Management
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Best Part Time Program in the Bay Area? [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2009, 07:26
klr wrote:
Hi, I'm wondering if you can give me some insight to the best part time programs in the Bay Area, after Haas. I have an acceptance to Stern but due to personal circumstances may be relocating to the Bay Area in the next few months. It will kill me to walk away from NYU but I know there are good programs to be had in SF/Berkeley/Oakland as well. Can someone familiar with the area give me a high level overview of my options? Thanks.

ETA: I'll be doing a concentration in Finance, if that matters. And I'm looking only at part time, not EMBA or full time. Weekends only if it's an option, but Nights will work too. Thx.

I don't think there's anything that meets your criteria other than Haas. The closest good weekend program is at UCLA Anderson which will require taking an hour-long flight to LA every weekend. Also, note that Haas' PT program is overwhelmingly full of IT programmer guys who want to become product managers. Finance is not big at that program.

I know you're not looking at EMBAs, but given your interest in Finance you might want to look at Wharton EMBA and Berkeley-Columbia.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Best Part Time Program in the Bay Area? [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2009, 06:55
Thanks levfin2003 for the info. I'm very familiar with UCLA's program - my husband got his MBA from Anderson a couple of years ago. At this point it's looking like we're staying in the greater NY / NJ area, so Stern is going to happen and I don't have to think about starting all over again in California. Hallelujah!
Re: Best Part Time Program in the Bay Area?   [#permalink] 21 Dec 2009, 06:55