Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 22:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Best Review Book?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Best Review Book? [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2006, 13:07
Hello everyon I am new here, and I was wondering if anyone would tell me what they thought the best was when it came to review books. By review I simply mean a book that will be able to get me up to speed before I start taking practice exams and before starting book by say Kaplan.

I took the GMAT back in August, and didn't do so well. I want to make sure that I don't have to retake it AGAIN!

When I look at the Quantative section in Kaplan's GMAT 800, I am absolutly overwhelmed and have no idea where to even begin to solve the problems given.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2006, 16:32
Forget Kaplan

Get OG 11th edition and the verbal and quant reviews from amazon.com
For verbal this is good enough, get manhattan SC if you are weak in SC.
For quant, after you finish OGs just do problems from this forum .. search for gmatprep

I believe its yogurt!

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

[#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2006, 06:06
Is the OG 11 edition 1 book?

I noticed the amazon.com had the OG 11th edition, and then 1 book for Verbal, and 1 for Math. I thought that they had simply split the 11th edition into 2 smaller books. I did not realize that these were review books. Is that correct?
Director
Director
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 0

Re: Best Review Book? [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2006, 18:18
Cory wrote:
Hello everyon I am new here, and I was wondering if anyone would tell me what they thought the best was when it came to review books. By review I simply mean a book that will be able to get me up to speed before I start taking practice exams and before starting book by say Kaplan.

I took the GMAT back in August, and didn't do so well. I want to make sure that I don't have to retake it AGAIN!

When I look at the Quantative section in Kaplan's GMAT 800, I am absolutly overwhelmed and have no idea where to even begin to solve the problems given.

OG 11 and MGMAT books. The OG is very succint in its theory - it's really more for practise. The MGMAT books (7 books in all) are great to build your basics.

http://onwardtomba.blogspot.com - MBA, GMAT, INSEAD - the journey.
My 7 GMAT Quant Strategies/Trap
My GMAT Debrief

Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2006, 16:04
I would recommend manhattan gmat study guide too

when there is a will there is a way

best regards

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2006, 12:09
I'm using the Kaplan Premier 2007 right now and I am finding very helpful. I mainly need help on quant so it is been nice starting from the beginning to refresh my memory and then increasing the difficulty as I go on.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Was the Kaplan Premier 2007 helpful? [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2006, 11:29
eazyb81 wrote:
I'm using the Kaplan Premier 2007 right now and I am finding very helpful. I mainly need help on quant so it is been nice starting from the beginning to refresh my memory and then increasing the difficulty as I go on.

I'm the same - I need to refresh and stregthen my Math basics. I however am not finding the basics in the Premier book by Kaplan. Did you like it?

I saw a few people recommend the Manhattan GMATs ... are they better than getting the Math workout/workbooks from either of Kaplan/Princeton or OG?

Saumil Annegiri,
Business Analyst (Philly, PA)

Was the Kaplan Premier 2007 helpful?   [#permalink] 15 Aug 2006, 11:29