Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Apr 2014, 10:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

best time to give gmat?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 100

GMAT Tests User
best time to give gmat? [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2009, 22:12
so the last gmat prep i took I scored a 660(v34 q47) I have never reached that level before so being a pessimist I am very sceptical.Will be taking another one soon after I complete off my OG 11 the second time around(almost done).Other books i refer to are manhattan sc,math and verbal reviews.I also have a kaplan 800 which i am saving it for last(good call?its so that I have some fresh material).
When should I take my test?I am aiming for US universities.August is good or should I spend more time on studing and give it later?
Please guide me according to the deadlines.Thanks!

countdown-beginshas-ended-85483-40.html#p649902

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1982

Kudos [?]: 6405 [0], given: 3565

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: best time to give gmat? [#permalink] New post 07 Jul 2009, 22:14
Expert's post
tejal777 wrote:
so the last gmat prep i took I scored a 660(v34 q47) I have never reached that level before so being a pessimist I am very sceptical.Will be taking another one soon after I complete off my OG 11 the second time around(almost done).Other books i refer to are manhattan sc,math and verbal reviews.I also have a kaplan 800 which i am saving it for last(good call?its so that I have some fresh material).
When should I take my test?I am aiming for US universities.August is good or should I spend more time on studing and give it later?
Please guide me according to the deadlines.Thanks!

1. How long have you been studying?

2. What is your target score?

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Director
Director
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 100

GMAT Tests User
Re: best time to give gmat? [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2009, 18:38
I have been studing off and on for I dont know how many months!My target score is 700+ and since I have reached 660 I think I can make it!What I was specifically asking was is there a kind of deadline?If i give it on 31st August will I miss the opening?

countdown-beginshas-ended-85483-40.html#p649902

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: best time to give gmat? [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2009, 21:04
It all depends on your mba applications. If you have applied to universities then I am sure they have deadlines before start of semester but something tells me that yours is not the case. I suggest you pick a date otherwise you will keep on preparing without your personal deadline.
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 429 [0], given: 157

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: best time to give gmat? [#permalink] New post 12 Jul 2009, 21:57
tejal777 wrote:
I have been studing off and on for I dont know how many months!My target score is 700+ and since I have reached 660 I think I can make it!What I was specifically asking was is there a kind of deadline?If i give it on 31st August will I miss the opening?

I have some different idea. You have reached 660 and you think that within a month or so time you will get above 700 at official GMAT. Now this will be too optimistic. I recommend a plan for you.

Go for MGMAT online tests along with Kaplan. If you score above 700 in 5 out of 9 of these tests then you will have to think to go above 700 in the real one. One thing is for sure, practice tests only guide you to your expected score, these don't help much in learning the concepts. After attempting these test just check the GMAT score estimator http://gmatclub.com/gmat-score-estimate/

Have fun!!

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

Re: best time to give gmat?   [#permalink] 12 Jul 2009, 21:57