Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 12:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Best way to reach out to School's Alumni

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 6

Best way to reach out to School's Alumni [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2009, 08:47
Hi All,

I am thinking of joining one of the top 25 business schools in the US. I would like to know which employers students ended up going from each of these top 25 schools. Apart from talking with the career services of each school, is there a website where I can look up that information ?
Is there a section in gmat club in which Alumni from a school come and answer questions ?

Please let me know.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
VP
VP
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 237 [0], given: 17

Re: Best way to reach out to School's Alumni [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2009, 08:58
I'd suggest looking at the careers reports for a couple schools, there's going to be a lot of overlap. The full list of where top 25 MBA graduates work would be pretty exhaustive. Last year at Kellogg alone there were over 250 companies involved in recruiting for full-time positions.

As for gmatclub, there are several current students and alums that post here. If you have a careers related question I'd suggest posting it in the careers forum.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Best way to reach out to School's Alumni [#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2009, 16:27
The WSJ Guide to the Top Business Schools was published in 2006 but gave an idea of where the students would go. Since it's a few years old there are some references to certain investment banks that are no longer with us...the Princeton Review put out a guide for 2009 that is probably a bit more up to date if you're interested in what specific companies they go to.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 236

Kudos [?]: 1478 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Best way to reach out to School's Alumni [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2009, 06:54
Google school name + employment report (e.g. "Wharton employment report"), you'll find plenty of information from each school.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 32

Re: Best way to reach out to School's Alumni [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2010, 00:11
I am thinking of cold calling some Alumni from different schools working at my company. My company's internal phone directory makes it easy for me to find out Alumni from different schools.

Is this a good idea ? or am I crossing a line here ?
If you received a cold call from someone to enquire about your school , would you be receptive ?
VP
VP
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 237 [0], given: 17

Re: Best way to reach out to School's Alumni [#permalink] New post 24 Jul 2010, 06:11
I'm not an alum yet, but I have had people from my last employer contact me to ask about Kellogg and generally I will make the time to talk to them. I think most alums/students are happy to talk about their school, especially if they had something in common with the person who contacted them (same company, same undergrad, etc.) For me, if it seemed like they had done some research beforehand and had some thoughtful questions I'd be more likely to than if they seemed to be on more of a fishing expedition and many of their questions were basic info they could find on a website.
Re: Best way to reach out to School's Alumni   [#permalink] 24 Jul 2010, 06:11