Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 100 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Watch the Simpsons! Seriously. Watch something that's both silly and intelligent like the Simpsons or Daily Show (even in repeats), or go get stupid (reasonably stupid) with your friends or significant other. Take your mind off it; don't just redirect your physical energy.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would suggest to keep the significance of the event in context. Works like a charm, every time.

Think of the worst case scenario, and by that I mean the worst case scenario and think what would happen if that comes true, then, magically, everything will take its real value.

As an example I can tell you mine. Failing my attempt to get a decent score will only delay me one more year to go to business school. As much as I'm ready and want to do it now, one more year doesn't sound like the worst someone has ever faced in their lifes.

Then I see the benefits of the worst case scenario: I would have an extra year to craft my application, to strengthen any weak areas in my application...

But let's say that my worst case scenario is even worse. My family will stop talking to me, everybody will think I'm a failure and any other silly thing we can think of...

Then I can certainly relax knowing that time will prove me right. Getting what I want is just a matter of time, not a matter of capacity.

Don't think this is true? Look back into your life and think of all the silly stuff you've done and that at the moment stressed you just like the gmat is stressing you now, and tell me what difference did it make. If you can answer something else than a big fat nothing, then whatever that thing is, must be waaaaay more important than a test. See? It's all about context.

So relax, enjoy seeing how a CAT test is trying to break you and not the other way around.. whatever comes out of it, it will be a positive experience.

Best of luck!

Edited to fix some major typos...

Originally posted by asdert on 29 Nov 2007, 11:05.
Last edited by asdert on 29 Nov 2007, 19:38, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
 Q44  V41
Send PM
EFT [#permalink]
I am not an evangelist for EFT, but I have had some good experiences using it. You can google it for detailed instructions.

EFT is a tapping exercise that mimics acupuncture. You tap different pressure points as you chant a short phrase, something like, "even though I am profoundly nervous, I completely love and respect myself."

I know it sounds hokey, but it is worth a shot.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
you can't really compete with The Simpsons, man! :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 100 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
The breathing exercice really works...thanks!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]