Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Oct 2014, 21:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Big 7 Number Properties to memorize

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 101 [0], given: 89

GMAT ToolKit User
Big 7 Number Properties to memorize [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2012, 20:50
I always seem to make some silly mistakes on Number Properties problems. So I created this chart containing the "Big 7" numbers, the number properties, IMHO, that one must check before proceeding to select an answer. Below is a screenshot of the notes that I made to remind myself of these rules (correct me if I screwed up on something), hope it helps you guys as well:

As pointed our by jakelong1, I've added an attachment that adds a perspective to the above image, which hopefully should clear up any confusion:

Attachment:
big-7.png
big-7.png [ 415.34 KiB | Viewed 1037 times ]

New to GMAT Club? Start here

Kindle Flashcards - Quant (Official Gmat Club, miguemick's Quant topics), and Verbal (Official Gmat Club) - in Kindle (azw3) format

Last edited by megafan on 24 Dec 2012, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: Big 7 Number Properties to memorize [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 20:26
Bro.. can you please explain this diagram first, because without any info I was able to deduce most, but not great in confidence so wanted to cross check whether I was right or not. It would be great if you could explain what exactly you are trying to do here
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 101 [0], given: 89

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Big 7 Number Properties to memorize [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2012, 20:41
jakelong1 wrote:
Bro.. can you please explain this diagram first, because without any info I was able to deduce most, but not great in confidence so wanted to cross check whether I was right or not. It would be great if you could explain what exactly you are trying to do here

Thanks for pointing out. I use it as my memory aid, and you are probably right that it wont make any sense without some information on how I came to this level of abstraction. I basically got this from "Chilli Hot GMAT", it's a great refresher, and also has a lot of practice problems. You can purchase it at Amazon, it also comes in Kindle format -- which is what I purchased. Anyway, here's the excerpt from the book that further explains the Big-7 numbers (I basically abstracted my memory aid above from the reasoning mentioned below):

Attachment:
big-7.png
big-7.png [ 415.34 KiB | Viewed 1036 times ]

New to GMAT Club? Start here

Kindle Flashcards - Quant (Official Gmat Club, miguemick's Quant topics), and Verbal (Official Gmat Club) - in Kindle (azw3) format

Re: Big 7 Number Properties to memorize   [#permalink] 24 Dec 2012, 20:41