What if someone at the age of 25years with no relevant work ex wants to make it into the ivy league. He is an Artist and has done theater shows(Stage/Street acting) from past 4 years. MBA with this profile looks impossible and stupid. So he started preparing for GMAT and got 720+ in mocks, he wants to take GMAT but still thinking to pay around 15k INR for the exam is it worth to take a shot?
He also dosent have good grades in graduation(44% out of 100) and has done it through distance learning, moreover he belongs to a below middle class family where people need good and extra ordinary reasons to study . Reason for MBA- Has learned to work hard in those 4 years and wants to get a good job and settle down.Now what should he do? Has anyone converted any top US bschool with this kind of background??
Graduation= 44% Bachelor in commerce Pass( Two reasons for doing grad. through distance learning one poor score so unable to make a cut in good government colleges, had no money to study in Private universities).
From school days he acted on number of street shows,so even after graduation he persuaded the same profession.But day by day its becoming difficult to survive as the per month income is too low.
Any suggestion/guidance would be appreciated.
It's not impossible, but it is difficult. You will need to:
1) Portray your work to date as managing a career, really a business.
This is a problem because i dont have anything on paper except a workshop attended for theaters.
2) Get relevant experience for your future goals. If they are still in the arts, you will need to explain why you need an MBA. That's not impossible in the arts, but you need to be able to do it.Yes, will try my best to do this.
3. If possible take graded accredited and business-related classes, preferably in a traditional classroom setting. This may not be possible since I assume you are in India. Get good grades in these classes.
You are right i am in india...So this dosent look feasible.
4. Ace the GMAT.Yes wont settle for anything below 720
5. Don't aim for the top programs. Do go for schools that support your goals, but may not be the elite schools.
I am very much open to quality programs. What are my chances for top 20 to top 35( with scholarship).Also in this range please suggest me some schools or some other schools as well.
Appreciate your time.