Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 02:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Biometrics in Standardized Tests Study

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Biometrics in Standardized Tests Study [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2007, 08:27
Hey Everyone,

This may seem like a little off topic, but this board may be a valuable channel to pose my questions.

I'm currently doing a study on biometrics and ethical issues. As most of you already know (as evidenced by gmat security) biometric applications have soared with recent developments because of its digital application. I'm currently researching the most prevalent channels which biometric security is being used in 1) Criminal Justice 2) Corporate Security 3) highly competitive standardized testing (lsat,gmat,etc.).

Obviously, here I want to focus on the latter.

First, does anyone know the operational details of biometric security uses within standardized testing?

Questions I'd like to Answer
A) Is it ink or digital (I’m fairly sure they recently went digital)
B) What security issues to do they or attempt to solve?
C) Are the biometric systems linked to an information system in real time? Would a security breach identification completely automated?

Those are just a few questions. If anyone has more information to share, feel free to give me whatever you can.

Second, I want to know more about how you personally feel about biometric security.

A) Do you feel it’s a violation of your rights?
B) Does it make you feel uncomfortable that they are recording such things?
C) Do you have any conspiracy theories?

Feel free to sound off. Anything you give me is helpful.

Thanks,
Sam
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 201 [0], given: 0

Re: Biometrics in Standardized Tests Study [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2008, 04:42
If you want to ask me after February 28th I'd love to help 8-)
Re: Biometrics in Standardized Tests Study   [#permalink] 02 Jan 2008, 04:42