Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 12:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

BLUE CHIP B-SCHOOLS

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

BLUE CHIP B-SCHOOLS [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 00:47
HI Everyone :-D

I am from INDIA

I am new in this b-school hunting and I am intersted in b-schools outside USA, UK and AUSTRALIA

I am actually listening names like IVEY, ROTMAN, NANYANG, NUS and YORK again and again which are obviously great b-schools, but can someone please tell me few of lesser known BLUE CHIP B-SCHOOLS, which may not be as good or as famous but provide more or less same level of learning and appox. similar salary packages, so that I can have more options to apply.

Thanking you all in advance

With Warm Regards
Sanchit
CEO
CEO
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 431 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: BLUE CHIP B-SCHOOLS [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 03:31
Most of this information can be found on this thread :
ranks-and-clusterings-of-various-international-b-schools-78320.html

Salary packages vary regionally so its best to look at the b-school websites directly for that information.

sanchitsharma3 wrote:

I am from INDIA

I am new in this b-school hunting and I am intersted in b-schools outside USA, UK and AUSTRALIA

I am actually listening names like IVEY, ROTMAN, NANYANG, NUS and YORK again and again which are obviously great b-schools, but can someone please tell me few of lesser known BLUE CHIP B-SCHOOLS, which may not be as good or as famous but provide more or less same level of learning and appox. similar salary packages, so that I can have more options to apply.

With Warm Regards
Sanchit
Current Student
Schools: F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: BLUE CHIP B-SCHOOLS [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 05:32
sanchitsharma3 wrote:

I am from INDIA

With Warm Regards
Sanchit

Sanchit - you are casting the net far too wide. I recommend that you do some research on this board, school. websites and come with specific questions that the community here can provide a perspective on.

Broad general questions are not going to get you useful information and ppl will start getting turned off by someone who wants to be spoonfed.

INSEAD Sept 2010 Interview Invite Nov 5, 2009 Admit & Matriculating
Wharton Sept 2010 Interview Invite Oct 30, 2009 Waitlisted & Ding
Harvard Sept 2010 Ding without Interview
Ivey May 2010 Interview Invite Nov 23, 2009 Admit + $$

Intern
Intern

Re: BLUE CHIP B-SCHOOLS [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 08:44
Sir

Maybe I am not able to communicate myself properly, I know the top-schools of non USA, UK and AUSTRALIA... these are published everywhere on net i know that.

To put it more specifically I want to know from people residing in CANADA, SINGAPORE, NEW ZEALAND and SWITZERLAND regarding b-schools which are not known to outsiders but have good value within that country.

And I am not asking for any spoon feeding here I am asking about things which are not there in Rankings.

I am sorry if my way of writing was giving you an impression of spoon feeding.
Manager
Manager
Schools: HEC Paris

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: BLUE CHIP B-SCHOOLS [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 08:54
sanchitsharma3 wrote:
Sir

Maybe I am not able to communicate myself properly, I know the top-schools of non USA, UK and AUSTRALIA... these are published everywhere on net i know that.

To put it more specifically I want to know from people residing in CANADA, SINGAPORE, NEW ZEALAND and SWITZERLAND regarding b-schools which are not known to outsiders but have good value within that country.

And I am not asking for any spoon feeding here I am asking about things which are not there in Rankings.

Your question is still too broad and gives off the impression you have done no research. I recommend you read bsd_lover's thread on Regional Elites, and come back after you've gone to each of those school's websites and contacted a current student.

For future reference, try to follow the code of posting in each forum. If you'll notice, the threads listed here are very specific to each school and questions that are vague and broad tend to receive few responses. You know why? Because by not answering, it will get pushed to the bottom and you will be forced to do your own research.

Men want to run the world, women want to run Louis Vuitton.
Part of the reason I'm going to HEC Paris?

http://www.jetsettoday.com

Current Student
Schools: F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: BLUE CHIP B-SCHOOLS [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 08:55
sanchitsharma3 wrote:
Sir

ok - in that case, I can speak for Canada and to some extent Singapore.

Canada

Ivey
Rotman
Schulich
McGill / Queens

The above are all good programs which are well recognized within the country and should open multiple doors for you. I have ranked them in my order of preference.

Singapore

INSEAD - this is a world class university with acceptance rates that are at the Top 10 level. So getting in is far from a cakewalk.
NUS - I believe NUS also has an MBA program - it is a well respected institution in the region.

Switzerland

IMD - once, again a world class place but not very well known outside EU
I know there are a couple of others schools in Switzerland as well - but the names escape me.

INSEAD Sept 2010 Interview Invite Nov 5, 2009 Admit & Matriculating
Wharton Sept 2010 Interview Invite Oct 30, 2009 Waitlisted & Ding
Harvard Sept 2010 Ding without Interview
Ivey May 2010 Interview Invite Nov 23, 2009 Admit + $$

Intern
Intern

Re: BLUE CHIP B-SCHOOLS [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 09:00
Thank you Sir for your valuable insight...thats exactly what I want to know...
Re: BLUE CHIP B-SCHOOLS   [#permalink] 23 Feb 2010, 09:00