Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 05:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Boldface Critical Reasoning Questions Strategies

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: Columbia, Johnson, Tuck, Stern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 2

Boldface Critical Reasoning Questions Strategies [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2011, 20:45
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

(N/A)

Question Stats:

0% (00:00) correct 0% (00:00) wrong based on 0 sessions
Hello,

Does anyone have any strategies for Boldface critical reasoning questions? Some of the answer choices are very wordy and I find myself spending time to carefully understand their meaning before applying to each boldface statement.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Terry, Georgia Tech
WE 1: Working for Wipro Technologies since April 2010
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 54 [0], given: 22

Re: Boldface Critical Reasoning Questions Strategies [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2011, 21:34
Wayxi wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone have any strategies for Boldface critical reasoning questions? Some of the answer choices are very wordy and I find myself spending time to carefully understand their meaning before applying to each boldface statement.

Well, it really depends on how the question is asking you to relate the 2 boldfaced parts. Some simply ask you what these parts are (assumptions,conclusions etc.), others ask you how the parts are linked etc.

What you can do is after reading the whole passage including the bold parts and the rest, check the question and options and read the passage again. For eg, suppose they have asked you what the 2 parts are. If you think the second part is a conclusion based on the first part, then read the passage once omitting the first part and see if the conclusion can still be drawn. If yes, then your assumption is correct. Then read the passage once more omitting the second part and see if the passage is coming to a logical ending. If yes, then the bold faced part is definitely a conclusion. If either of these does not match your assumption, then look at the other options and try a similar approach.

I am not sure how much of a help this would be. As I said earlier, it really depends on what you need to answer. Anyhow, I do hope that from what I have said above you'll get some idea on how to approach these questions. Do let me know if you want any help.

All the Best!

Samidh
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to get in touch if you feel I can be of some assistance to you. You can find me in Facebook if you search!

Consider giving me some kudos if you like my post

Manager
Manager
GPA: 2.3
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 115

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Boldface Critical Reasoning Questions Strategies [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2013, 07:43
Wayxi wrote:
Hello,

You may try this
http://vimeo.com/12238635

---------------------------------------------------------------
Consider to give me kudos if my post helped you.

Re: Boldface Critical Reasoning Questions Strategies   [#permalink] 10 Oct 2013, 07:43