Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Aug 2014, 01:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

boo hoo.. can i get a reply?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

boo hoo.. can i get a reply? [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2005, 19:18
boo hoo... have been asking these questions for a while now.. but still no replies... :(

I have been reading up gmatclub a lot during office hours. (over this period I was "trained" to delegate my work to others so that I have more time to read and study more questions from this really useful website... :p)

Anyway... except for the sticky post from HongHu on "if X, then Y", I noticed that no one else really ask questions on this logic stuff (if X, then Y).
Perhaps these sort of logic comes naturally to everyone else, except for the ILLOGICAL, dumb "moi"?
99% of the questions on verbal section here are on "RC - strengthen, weaken, inference".

Any comments?

One more thing, are this sort of "verbal logic questions", the same level as "permutation, combi, prob" whereby you only get them infrequently and are considered as higher end questions on verbal?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2005, 19:26
Well, members post a lot of idiom question and we discuss that also. If you search previous posts you will find that there were many question and almost all GMAT type idioms are discussed.

strengthen, weaken, inference, assumption, conclusion, logical completion and other types from OG are the most popular questrions asked.

I think verbal logic question are pretty often in GMAT. I do not think they are high end question.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2005, 20:05
I didn't know that these sort of logic questions are considered as idioms as well?
I thought that idioms are simply the correct ways to properly structure your sentences? (eg. at least as... as, either ...or..., able to, etc)
Ok, I will do a search.

Anyone else facing similar problems like me regarding "logic" questions?
  [#permalink] 08 Nov 2005, 20:05