Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 10:10

Today

Waiting for Decisions? Join us in the chat | All GMAT Club Tests are Free and Open

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Book Selection Dilemma.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Book Selection Dilemma. [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2005, 06:58
I have heard of the following books...

1. Kaplan
2. Princeton Review
3. Barrons

And browsing through the forums, I found that

1.Official Guide for GMAT® Review, 11th Edition
2.The Official Guide for GMAT® Quantitative Review
3.The Official Guide for GMAT® Verbal Review
are also nice..

I have around a month before my GMAT...

What would be the best book for preparation? I know I am a bit late.. But, its high time I start the preparation in full swing... :)

Some honest responses would be appreciated.. :-D

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Calvin P
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2005, 09:42
of all the ones in your post omit Barrons [its the worst book ever] also get the work books with Kaplan and princeton review the lastest editions 2006, but even if you get 2005 edition it still wont hurt, the are overlaping. i have all the 2005 editions and i compared them to the new ones and the are the same. also get KAPLAN GMAT 800 the 2005 or 2006 edition it features tought V and Q questions theit may not be really representative bc most of them are really out there but at least they can help you build stamina and character. ARCO crack the GMat 2004 is good too. visit http://www.manhattangmat.com and if you're willing to spent $149 get all the guides. they are really good and have helped a lot of people score 700+. on the same page a lot of folks have scored 700+ without them. its up to you but i would recommend you buy them alongside all of the above mentioned items. good luck with the prep and the exam.

kayser
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Sep 2005, 11:28
Be aware of the fact that by creating a laundry list of resources, there are higher chances that u will stray from a well defined, focused approach. Remember it is not about how many different books you have read or how many questions u have done. It is about how you have developed/honed your skills. I wud recommend a relatively shorter list.

1. Kaplan workbooks --> In case you need to rehash fundamentals.
2. Princeton review ---> Just for CATs and practice sets
3. Kaplan GMAT 2005/2006 ---> For CATs, practice sets and startegy for
diff types of questions.
4. Manhattan GMAT ---> SC guide only, haven't heard good things about
CR and RC. Also noone can teach u how to ace CRs and RCs through
some bullet points. They require practice and inherent skills.
5. Official Guide 11th edition ---> A MUST BUY ! I don't think
supplemental books are that helpful, but I might be wrong.

Avoid KAP 800, personally I thought it was not worth the money, lot of repeats from KAP's 2005 book and bunch of other BS that you don't need.

Remember - Focused Approach !

Good Luck !
  [#permalink] 06 Sep 2005, 11:28