Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 22:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

BOOKS Books books :)

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
SVP
SVP
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
BOOKS Books books :) [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2006, 18:45
After looking at Zidane's act, I really felt that when you are shooting at your target & somebody distracts you by any means, your concentration & determination plays important role, forgive him for a while & shoot at the target...you can always get back to him after you are done with hitting the target, for which you have worked hard for your whole life!

Folks,
If you get a chance, read a book called "Success vs Joy" it's a fantastic autobiography/mind control book by "Geet Sethi", 6 times Billiards World Champion.
http://www.tnqsponsorship.com/geetsethi.html

In one of the chapters, Geet has told about another world champion from Asia, absolutely brilliant, he was very poor & was going to win championship & of course lot of money, just after one final shot in one game but when he went for the final shot, he started thinking about prize money, buying a palace like house for his mother etc. & in that thought process he missed the shot & ultimately missed the championship!

I loved this book! I recommend this book to all those who want to reach the stars!

Btw, I have huge collection of books :) Best books you can ever read, I'll post in this thread about those.

Feel free to add to this thread about books you found simply brilliant!

Last edited by vivek123 on 15 Jul 2006, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2006, 18:48
Currently I'm reading "The Running of the Bulls, Inside the Cutthroat Race from Wharton to Wall Street" by Nicole Ridgway.

http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Book/Book ... 53,00.html
Concentration: Marketing, Other
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q V
GPA: 3.64
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 76345

[#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2006, 14:05
sounds cool vivek ... looking forward to your list of books
SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2006, 18:57
Well, one of my favorite books in my collection is "Running from Safety" by Richard Bach.

Excellent book, the books talks about daring to come out of your safety zone & take risks. This book changed my attitude to great extent.

Human being has a natural tendancy to remain in the zone where there are lesser problems & risks, but the one who wants to do something in life, has to take risks, has to risk his/her 'safety zone'...wonderful book for all those who want to do MBA :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/038531 ... e&n=283155

Re: BOOKS Books books :) [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2006, 23:31
vivek123,

I have had the priviledge to practice a few shots with Geet Sethi...I was a member of the same club where he practiced as a pro.

vivek123 wrote:
After looking at Zidane's act, I really felt that when you are shooting at your target & somebody distracts you by any means, your concentration & determination plays important role, forgive him for a while & shoot at the target...you can always get back to him after you are done with hitting the target, for which you have worked hard for your whole life!

Folks,
If you get a chance, read a book called "Success vs Joy" it's a fantastic autobiography/mind control book by "Geet Sethi", 6 times Billiards World Champion.

In one of the chapters, Geet has told about another world champion from Asia, absolutely brilliant, he was very poor & was going to win championship & of course lot of money, just after one final shot in one game but when he went for the final shot, he started thinking about prize money, buying a palace like house for his mother etc. & in that thought process he missed the shot & ultimately missed the championship!

I loved this book! I recommend this book to all those who want to reach the stars!

Btw, I have huge collection of books :) Best books you can ever read, I'll post in this thread about those.

Re: BOOKS Books books :) [#permalink] New post 16 Jul 2006, 23:31
Anonymous wrote:
vivek123,

I have had the priviledge to practice a few shots with Geet Sethi...I was a member of the same club where he practiced as a pro. Never knew that he wrote a book...interesting !

vivek123 wrote:

Folks,

SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
Re: BOOKS Books books :) [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2006, 00:54
WHAT? really? that's great :-D You are a lucky soul. Please let us all know your name buddy :) You are still reading as Guest :(

Anonymous wrote:
vivek123,

I have had the priviledge to practice a few shots with Geet Sethi...I was a member of the same club where he practiced as a pro.

vivek123 wrote:

Folks,

VP
VP
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2006, 02:10
Nice thread vivek..
Well I just finished reading ' The Kite Runner ' by Khaled Hosseini...
A touching and thought provoking book it is I must say.
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: BOOKS Books books :) [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2006, 08:22
It's me - LhotseFace. Didn't realize that I wasn't logged on

vivek123 wrote:
WHAT? really? that's great :-D You are a lucky soul. Please let us all know your name buddy :) You are still reading as Guest :(

Anonymous wrote:
vivek123,

vivek123 wrote:

Folks,

SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
Re: BOOKS Books books :) [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2006, 08:54
Oh, it's you :) I envy you dude. Did you get a chance to talk to him in general...?

lhotseface wrote:

vivek123 wrote:

Anonymous wrote:
vivek123,

vivek123 wrote:

Folks,

VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: BOOKS Books books :) [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2006, 09:05
Just general chat, I have bumped in to him several times. I was a teenager then and he was already a star.

vivek123 wrote:
Oh, it's you :) I envy you dude. Did you get a chance to talk to him in general...?

lhotseface wrote:

vivek123 wrote:

Anonymous wrote:
vivek123,

vivek123 wrote:

Folks,

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2006, 11:48
vivek123 wrote:
Well, one of my favorite books in my collection is "Running from Safety" by Richard Bach.

Excellent book, the books talks about daring to come out of your safety zone & take risks. This book changed my attitude to great extent.

Human being has a natural tendancy to remain in the zone where there are lesser problems & risks, but the one who wants to do something in life, has to take risks, has to risk his/her 'safety zone'...wonderful book for all those who want to do MBA :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/038531 ... e&n=283155

you have inspired me - I will read it!!!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2006, 12:37
since somebody mentioned about books.....
heres one i thought was very original and unique....and inspirational in its own way. Read reviews b4 u embark on a journey to discover it.....

Catcher in the rye - J.D.salinger

Few movies which really are worth seeing just for pure inspiration are :
Good Will Hunting
Scent of a woman.

share and grow....

SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Jul 2006, 20:12
buzzgaurav wrote:
Nice thread vivek..

Yeah Gaurav,
I've heard about this book, can u post some outline about it?

[#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2006, 00:03
vivek123 wrote:
buzzgaurav wrote:
Nice thread vivek..

Yeah Gaurav,
I've heard about this book, can u post some outline about it?

I have read the book twice but I think this review sums it up the best :

http://www.elise.com/books/el/archives/ ... sseini.php
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2006, 00:05
Oops, posted the above post as guest :lol:

Trying hard to conquer Quant.

SVP
SVP

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2006, 11:55
workedupamigo wrote:
since somebody mentioned about books.....
heres one i thought was very original and unique....and inspirational in its own way. Read reviews b4 u embark on a journey to discover it.....

Catcher in the rye - J.D.salinger

Few movies which really are worth seeing just for pure inspiration are :
Good Will Hunting
Scent of a woman.

:good
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2006, 05:26
Any of you here are Terry Pratchett's fans?

I've been completely immersed in the Discworlde universe for the past year and a half :-D

Also finishing reading Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. Great entertainment! DaVinci Code is lightyears behind! :-D
VP
VP
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2006, 09:13
vivek123 wrote:
Currently I'm reading "The Running of the Bulls, Inside the Cutthroat Race from Wharton to Wall Street" by Nicole Ridgway.

http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Book/Book ... 53,00.html

Thats a good book. Though it focusses on the Wharton Undergrads.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2006, 20:17
AMAZING BOOK!
  [#permalink] 08 Nov 2006, 20:17