Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 09:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
8 KUDOS received
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 925 [8] , given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2010, 14:58
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
My performance has deteriorated since I have been out of the gym. Do not repeat my mistake.
Exercise daily !! If you can not afford gym with Gmat, then follow my post.

Quote:
Research indicates people who work out in the morning work out more often. And that is because you can get it done and out of the way before work, family, and life get in the way. Even better, studies show that exercise in the morning not only stokes your metabolic fires, it also improves your cognitive functions and productivity for the day.

Starting your day with the exercise will wake you up, get your body burning fat, trigger endorphins, and kick off your day on a positive note.
Don't expect this workout alone to give you the body of your dreams. You still need to incorporate healthy eating and regular exercise into your lifestyle.

The 8 moves (15 seconds each):

* Jumping jacks
* Prisoner squats
* High knee skips
* Side-to-side hops
* Pushups
* Crunches
* Mountain climbers
* Bodyweight thrusters

Once you get through the drill, if you have time – and energy – repeat it.

Mix it up
You can do the exercises in the 2-Minute Drill in any order and even add or substitute a few of your own. As you get more fit, increase the time you do each exercise from 15 seconds to 30 seconds or more. Do what works for you – whatever will keep you motivated to get up and get moving.

Videos : Do not procrastinate. Start today !!

* Jumping jacks

*Prisoner squats: Stand with your fingertips behind your ears, your chest out, elbows back, and feet shoulder-width apart. Sit back at your hips and bend your knees to lower your body as far as you can without losing the natural arch of your spine. Keep your head up. Squeeze your gluteals and push yourself back to start position. Repeat.

* High knee skips

* Side-to-side hops

* Pushups

* Crunches

*Mountain climbers: Start in a pushup position with your shoulders directly over your hands. Keeping your head in line with your body, bring your right knee to your chest. As you straighten the right leg to start position, bring our left knee to your chest. Keep your weight on the balls of your feet. As quickly as possible, “climb” alternating your legs back and forth.

*Bodyweight thrusters: Keeping your back straight and hands at your shoulders as if you were holding a barbell, bend at the knees into a squat, then explosively drive your legs straight as you extend your arms above your head. Repeat.

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Ms. Big Fat Panda
Followers: 336

Kudos [?]: 1361 [0], given: 194

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2010, 16:36
Wow, that's a very well put-together post.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: HBS, Stanford, Haas, Ross, Cornell, LBS, INSEAD, Oxford, IESE/IE
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 137 [0], given: 117

GMAT Tests User
Re: Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2010, 16:53
Nice post Gurpreet. I've been out of touch for a long time, looks like gotta join nearby Gym & start prepping :). Kudos, learned new exercise Knee Jump Skip. lol @Gina, how happy she is.
Happy prepping!

"Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so."
Target=780
http://challengemba.blogspot.com
Kudos??

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status: Upset about the verbal score - SC, CR and RC are going to be my friend
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2010, 19:27
Wow. I have entered the gmat club gym. No more excuses for not attending the gym. Here are the exercises, which can be easily executed at home. Thank you gurpreet.

My gmat story
MGMAT1 - 630 Q44V32
MGMAT2 - 650 Q41V38
MGMAT3 - 680 Q44V37
GMATPrep1 - 660 Q49V31
Knewton1 - 550 Q40V27

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2010, 01:08
I'm not sure about the claim cited in the initial post. I've been working out for quite a long time, and each time I did it in the morning, my energy was completely drained for the rest of the day. Therefore, I prefer to work out in the evening. I do admit that in the evening there are plenty reasons to skip the planned workout.

And I wouldn't exercise daily either. I do 3 trainings per week, or my body wail fail from exhaustion or tendinitis. Mileage may vary, it all depends on the intensity of the training.
CEO
CEO

Kudos [?]: 925 [0], given: 235

Re: Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2010, 02:27
PadawanOfTheGMAT wrote:
I'm not sure about the claim cited in the initial post. I've been working out for quite a long time, and each time I did it in the morning, my energy was completely drained for the rest of the day. Therefore, I prefer to work out in the evening. I do admit that in the evening there are plenty reasons to skip the planned workout.

And I wouldn't exercise daily either. I do 3 trainings per week, or my body wail fail from exhaustion or tendinitis. Mileage may vary, it all depends on the intensity of the training.

Never give overdose of exercise to your body.

Healthy body = > proper exercise and training (30%) + proper diet (40%) + proper rest and sleeping habits(30%)

Only 30% of the role is played by exercise, but all the three are inevitable.

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Gmat test review :

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2010, 02:49
Of course. I just wanted to warn people about possible side effects of too enthusiastic training :)
Schools: Carey '16
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 93 [0], given: 71

GMAT Tests User
Re: Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2010, 11:58
wow that's pretty intense. i just go out and shoot some hoops. now you made me look like an under-achiever.....oh wait, that's what i am :-)

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago,Tuck,Oxford,cambridge
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 47 [1] , given: 7

Re: Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2010, 09:30
This post received
KUDOS
Also dont forget to take 2 questions of each Q and V type between each of the 8 exercises..;)...It will add as a protein supplement...;)
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 26

Re: Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2010, 20:44
thanks!
Intern
Intern
WE 1: Business Development
WE 2: Consulting

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 8

Re: Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily [#permalink] New post 28 Jun 2011, 13:01
gurpreetsingh wrote:
PadawanOfTheGMAT wrote:

Never give overdose of exercise to your body.

Healthy body = > proper exercise and training (30%) + proper diet (40%) + proper rest and sleeping habits(30%)

Only 30% of the role is played by exercise, but all the three are inevitable.

This is so true, man. Thanks for posting. I used to be an avid gym person, then when I started studying for gmats 4 weeks ago, I've only been to the gym 3 times in 4 weeks! I felt a mental overload, but after going yesterday, I feel so refreshed and my mind's reset. Wish I did this earlier.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 560 Q36 V34
GPA: 3.1
WE: Sales (Transportation)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 85

Re: Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2012, 10:04
Mens sana in corpore sano ;)

"The Burnout" - My Debrief

Kudos if I helped you ;)

Andy

CEO
CEO

Re: Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 21:33
Expert Post
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 134

Kudos [?]: 845 [0], given: 825

Re: Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily [#permalink] New post 10 May 2013, 06:03
Expert's post
CEO
CEO

Re: Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily [#permalink] New post 10 May 2013, 06:25
Narenn wrote:
Sat Sri Akaal, Paji,

Nice Post.

Most of us avoid these things which are equally important for Exam Success.

Narenn

Sat Sri Akal Narenn, I m glad to know you like the post. Keep exercising !!

Gmat test review :

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.65
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2013, 15:17
Sat Shri Akal Veerji,

A very nice post.
Exercise will go a long way in reducing stress. Health is wealth...

Raminder
Re: Boost your Gmat Score - Exercise Daily   [#permalink] 27 Jul 2013, 15:17