Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 18:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 08:59
No waitlist activity this week? I thought someone earlier had mentioned that historically, your chances of getting admitted off the waitlist after round 3 are highest during this week.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 10:39
Based on last year's posts, I've been expecting some sort of movement each day this week. I guess they are taking an extra week this year to decide who gets any open spots.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V44
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 10:47
Yeah, at the very least I was expecting an update from Booth this week based on their 5/21 email which said, "In early June, we will be in contact to determine the date by which you need a decision."
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 12:35
Got the call today at 2:00 PM Eastern. In! Good luck to all those still waiting.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V44
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 13:20
ryantmc84 wrote:
Got the call today at 2:00 PM Eastern. In! Good luck to all those still waiting.

Congratulations, ryantmc84! That's awesome. I wonder if anybody else got a call today.
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 401 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 13:22
ryantmc84 wrote:

I knew you'd get it! Congrats!

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q V
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Reviews Badge
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2012, 14:23
also got the admission offer today (1pm CST). Good luck to everyone else. Hang in there because something good will come out of this.
Intern
Intern

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2012, 11:02
Think it's safe to say that Friday was the big movement day and the rest of us are now looking at the rare late summer admit?
Intern
Intern

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2012, 12:10
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion yet....just 2 reports on Friday so they may have just started on Friday and will send out more next week.
Manager
Manager
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 44

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2012, 08:42
Any movement reported today?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2012, 13:12
Just received a waitlist update email from Booth with a link to the Summer Waitlist Decision Notification Form. You can choose to remove yourself from the waitlist, remain on the waitlist until the last possible date for consideration, or provide them with a specific date by which you would need a decision. I wonder if they really try to get a decision to you earlier if you provide a specific date or if you are just culled from the waitlist at that time.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Completed all CFA exams
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Yale - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.57

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 3

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2012, 14:12
I just took myself off of the waitlist. It's Yale SOM for me! Good luck guys!
Intern
Intern

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2012, 17:13
Ya, I'm giving them one more day, then I'm going with LBS. I think last Friday was it. Good luck everybody who sticks with it.
Intern
Intern

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Jun 2012, 22:50
Hi Guys, was anybody dinged from waitlist during last days?
Manager
Manager
City: San Francisco
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 44

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2012, 06:38
Not that I know of. Seems similar to end of round 3.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2012, 10:50
I am also on the Booth Waitlist. This is the second year that I have applied to Booth, and I think their message of 'we have many successful reapplicants' is a joke.
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 401 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2012, 11:37
StillWaitlisted wrote:
I am also on the Booth Waitlist. This is the second year that I have applied to Booth, and I think their message of 'we have many successful reapplicants' is a joke.

I know you're probably disappointed and frustrated with how things have turned out with Booth. However, you can't necessarily extrapolate that since you're a reapplicant and you're one the WL that Booth's message is a joke. There are quite a few successful reapplicants on this thread as well as the main Booth one. I don't know how far you made it in the process last year, but if this year is an improvement then I think that shows they are definitely open to giving people a 2nd look.

Being in limbo is really tough and I wouldn't wish a summer WL on anybody. If you have your heart set on going to Booth all you can do now is wait. I really hope that you and the others on this thread hear good news in the coming weeks. We are all rooting for you.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2012, 15:41
This post received
KUDOS
Thank you. I am aware that applicants who did not get in last year got in this year. I also am aware of the blanket statement that I made earlier is not 100% true.

In my limited view by merely my own experiences, I am of the belief that a lot of the advice that is given by the books and the admission committees and forums are somewhat tricky in their phrasing. Yes, many of the successful applicants have those traits (i.e. volunteer work, a great essay, high GMAT scores, great University backgrounds, etc.), but what they fail to mention is the vast majority of unsuccessful applicants also have those traits.

I am not going to say that any party is fully to blame. I merely state that many hopeful students read and research and extrapolate that by achieving certain goals, they will get into a good school. This is also not 100% true.

This is a feeling of pure frustration in losing an incredible amount of time and money, though again, I am also aware that there are probably many people in even worse situations who chased this dream for even longer.

Yes, someone can say, if I really wanted to get in (and I do), I would wait. I am waiting (and of course trying to improve all other aspects of my life in the scenario where I need to go through this process again). Not the most positive attitude, but I have not seen a reason to think otherwise.
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 401 [1] , given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2012, 19:34
This post received
KUDOS
StillWaitlisted wrote:
Thank you. I am aware that applicants who did not get in last year got in this year. I also am aware of the blanket statement that I made earlier is not 100% true.

In my limited view by merely my own experiences, I am of the belief that a lot of the advice that is given by the books and the admission committees and forums are somewhat tricky in their phrasing. Yes, many of the successful applicants have those traits (i.e. volunteer work, a great essay, high GMAT scores, great University backgrounds, etc.), but what they fail to mention is the vast majority of unsuccessful applicants also have those traits.

I am not going to say that any party is fully to blame. I merely state that many hopeful students read and research and extrapolate that by achieving certain goals, they will get into a good school. This is also not 100% true.

This is a feeling of pure frustration in losing an incredible amount of time and money, though again, I am also aware that there are probably many people in even worse situations who chased this dream for even longer.

Yes, someone can say, if I really wanted to get in (and I do), I would wait. I am waiting (and of course trying to improve all other aspects of my life in the scenario where I need to go through this process again). Not the most positive attitude, but I have not seen a reason to think otherwise.

I think that it would be disingenuous for me to say, "I understand." I couldn't possibly because I am not in your position right now. I did apply to graduate school about 6 years ago (different Masters program) and went 0/5. I definitely didn't put nearly as much time, effort, and money into those applications as we all put into our MBA ones. However, it still hurt like hell not to get in and I was soooo frustrated. So I do know that feeling of wanting to move on to the next step in life but hitting a brick wall.

Ankur Kumar once said that over 80% of applicants are qualified for admission. Every year bschools turn away great candidates. There are no guarantees in this process even if you do everything right. There's no telling why someone goes 0/6 one year to come back the next and get into 5/6 schools. Yes, there is a bit of a formula to admissions but it's definitely not foolproof.

I didn't mean to suggest that being frustrated with the wait means that you don't really want to get in. I was only saying that at this point waiting is all you can do. If you have other options (career or bschool) then maybe it's not worth it to stay in purgatory. However, if Booth is where you want to be in the fall (which it obviously is), there are no other options. I absolutely hate waiting under any circumstances and this one is particularly torturous. I sincerely am rooting for you. If it means anything at all I would like to believe that my positive vibes helped get scorpionz, ryantmc84, Consulting2Finance, and hello212 accepted off the the WL at Booth. Hopefully it will do the same for you. Best of luck.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.54
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 60 [0], given: 1

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2012, 04:53
Quote:
If it means anything at all I would like to believe that my positive vibes helped get scorpionz, ryantmc84, Consulting2Finance, and hello212 accepted off the the WL at Booth. Hopefully it will do the same for you. Best of luck.

I can personally attest to cheetarah's soothsaying powers. It's rumored that she moonlights as Ms. Cleo's personal coach.

My blog: http://www.theapplicationist.blogspot.com/
My application status: 2012-profiles-w-admit-dings-results-no-discussion-116595.html#p983273

Re: Booth 2012 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants   [#permalink] 14 Jun 2012, 04:53